Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Delivering 2 weeks early!!????

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 22 Replies

I saw doctor for 5th time in one month yesterday. Im only 13wks n 4 days. He already is wanting to scheduled my third c-section 2 weeks before my due date. I thought they were supposed to make it closer than that to my due date. My 2nd one was 4 days before due date. 37 weeks seems kinda early for a scheduled delivery. Anybody with scheduled c-section thats had ther doc do this?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, did he say why he wanted it that early? Is there something that would be a huge problem if you went into labor?

brittany208
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Why does he want to schedule it so early? I would NOT let my dr schedule it that far in advance (or at all, really) without an excellent reason.

chrystaljacobs
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My doctor is going to do my c section 2 weeks before my due date because of my diabetes, and my past history of having a stillbirth.  my son was also born 2 weeks early 10 years ago.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

You should tell him to reschedule it for 39-40 weeks. 

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:44 PM

This is for a health complication or elective?
If you have a health issue then you can wait to see how things are going, maybe work to prevent and then avoid the risks with the surgery.
If it's elective then why not make it as safe as possible and wait longer (or even safer: vbac) ?

misskrys86
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm... I cannot go into labor due to prior surgery on my uterus, and my doctor has said he will probably take her at 38 weeks, but that he will monitor me towards the end and wait as long as he can. I would question why your doc is so quick to assume you'll need a csection so early when you're only 13 weeks now. 

CafeMom Tickers

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Are you having a high risk pregnancy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keyonsmom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:25 AM
2 weeks before you due date is 38 weeks which is still full term. Ive had my first son at 37 weeks and he was perfectly healthy and full term.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't unless it's medically necessary. I'd be asking questions! Good luck
MrsBorho
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Mine were always 38 weeks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured