Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What's the longest you've had to be on your feet?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM
  • 14 Replies
While pregnant? I've been working 9 hours shifts. I'm only 5 weeks pregnant but it stinks still all I want to do is curl up and sleep and try not to throw up. I don't wont to tell my boss I'm pregnant but 9 hours shifts are killing me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pacificamom
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM

hmmmm I was preschool teacher while expecting #2 and worked from 7-6 plus I had a 2 year old. Torture

dbcmommy
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Bump
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Untill i was 7 months with my daughter i worked at a hookah bar/ dance club as a server working 8 to 9 hour shifts standing and moving non stop. It was hell i would get such bad cranpd in my back and if i vomplained they would.move me to the door where i made less than min wage no tips so i had to suck it up.... they wanted me to come back a few weeks ago i told then heck no! Not while im pregnant
teagsmommy
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I work roughly 10-12 hour shifts 5 days a week. at 28wks i can tell its starting to be to much. the pressure in my butt and girly bits outweigh any other pain at this point.
brittany208
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Not very long... with my first pregnancy I didnt work. With this one, I only work two days a week as a teacher and I find plenty of chances to teach while sitting. Like storytime. Storytime on the carpet is awesome :)

ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Earlier in my pregnancy, about 12 weeks or so, I worked a double shift at work because DH (we work together) was sooo sick and couldn't come in, so I covered his shift. It was like 15 hours all together. 7am-10pm with two 30 minute breaks.
MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Between 7-9 hours, I was a waitress so I was always on my feet when I was pregnant and it was rough between throwing up in the beginning and my back hurting at the end.  At 27 weeks I had to quit work and had my son a week later.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Ugh same here. I hated it. :(

Quoting pacificamom:

hmmmm I was preschool teacher while expecting #2 and worked from 7-6 plus I had a 2 year old. Torture

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM
That is way too long!

Quoting ittyprincess604:

Earlier in my pregnancy, about 12 weeks or so, I worked a double shift at work because DH (we work together) was sooo sick and couldn't come in, so I covered his shift. It was like 15 hours all together. 7am-10pm with two 30 minute breaks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBorho
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:14 AM
23 weeks 2 days just stopped working doubles but even 5 hr shifts are exhausting! !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)