Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Need U/S advice/opinions???

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:25 PM
  • 28 Replies

I went to the ER today for a fall followed by cramping. I am not sure how trust worthy they are honestly but my Midwife couldn't get me in for an u/s until next week, and my OB wouldn't except me because I transferred to a Midwife. So it was a last resort kinda thing. Anyway basically this is what they came up with:

#1 They said baby measured 7 wks. And gave me an EDD of Oct 7. Which makes no since. I am supposed to be 7 wks 1 day which gives me an EDD of Oct 10th. So if I only measured 7 wks that would give me an EDD of Oct 11th. If I was infact due Oct 7th baby would of measured 7 wks 4 days. Not sure how they messed that up.

#2 More importantly they found small collections of fluid outside the gestational sac that may represent a small subchorionic bleed.  There were two one was anterior and measured 1.3x1.5cm and the other was in a lower position and measured 1cm. Has anyone else had this happen? What was the outcome?? The Dr at frist made it sound like I should expect to miscarry. But then went onto say some women have this go on to have perfectly normal healthy pregnancies.

#3 they also said they found cysts on both ovaries. The right had follicular cysts. They left had a cyst that measured 1.5x1.4x1.6cm. Is that normal or concerning? They didn't say.

They did an abdominal u/s which the Dr said was shocking (he expected they would do a vaginal) but they said the baby looked good with a heart beat of 146 bpm but they reminded me that I could have a healthy baby at 7 wks and go on to MC at 8 wks. So I didn't feel very reassured. Any thoughts, opinions, experiences, are welcomed. This is my 4th pregnancy and never have I had any of this told to me before. Thanks again

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissy852
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
i had one of those bleeds when i was preggo with cubby. It desolved it self. I pray everything is ok and heals fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Thanks sweetie, I hope its the same for me!!!

Quoting sissy852:

i had one of those bleeds when i was preggo with cubby. It desolved it self. I pray everything is ok and heals fast.

sissy852
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM
pray so as well. Just get some rest.

Quoting NoraDun:

Thanks sweetie, I hope its the same for me!!!

Quoting sissy852:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabrielle1982
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM

WOW!! I'm sorry you're finding yourself in such a confusing situation.  I really wish I could help.  Hopes and prayers!  Oh and a Bump!

Gabrielle1982
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM

BUMP!

blondie7221
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:04 PM

we just lost our baby number 4 and working on baby 5, but we lost for far diff reasons, i would ask for them to keep a close eye for a couple months.

blondie7221
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM

how old are you? just wondering, I am 27, i think, lol just kidding though i do have to think of my age sometimes, i think kids are driving me crazy lol

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I am 26. I will be 27 in August!

Quoting blondie7221:

how old are you? just wondering, I am 27, i think, lol just kidding though i do have to think of my age sometimes, i think kids are driving me crazy lol

KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I had one of those bleeds. Thr ER told.me.there super common amd most people have them just dont know it because hey usually dissolve before most people have a u/s.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Well honestly you can't expect the we to give you a sound diagnosis when they aren't "trained" per say in one general area. Best bet is to go ahead and see your midwife next week. Keep an eye on your body and any bleeding and take it easy. My husband has worked in the er and from my experience and his this usually make everything sound vague and bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)