Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When u gave birth (question for someone who has experienced birth)

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 123 Replies
I got to 9 centimeters without meds. Then I couldn't take the pain anymore, I know I was close bc I felt like passing out and I was getting the urge to push. They gave me an epidural bc I was crying and screaming and I was in unbearable pain, it hurt so bad. I basically begged for it. I can't remember if I was at 8 or 9 ..
If u could do it all over again would u get an epidural etc? I'm THINKING of natural birth ha.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm always begging for the epidural around that time from too, but I never get it because I know it slows down labor.  I just bite the bullet and get that baby out as fast as possible.  Good luck mama!

crazy4u49033
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I have had 2 natural births. And I would have it no other way. Were you able to get up and change positions? That can help manage pain. A lot of it is fear and if you can overcome that and focus you can do natural. From what I hear if you go natural your baby is more alert, your body is able to release a specific hormone that is blocked with pain meds that helps you, and you just feel better.
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Yup, i would get it again. This time around it will be a c section so i dont know what i will have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I went natural, unmedicated.
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I would encourage you not to have unnecessary interventions ( = unnecessary risks)--  avoiding them is safest.    So you wouldn't know that you are X cm without getting checked.
If you were going through Transition then you were at the end and in the hardest (out-of-control) point...   Common.

With good attendants and setting, preparation, confidence, support, it is a LOT easier!
GL!
:-)

TaralynnStewart
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Epidural with all three and will with number four
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM

If you get to that point, you are thisclose to delivering!

adiwes9
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I got an epidural with my first child and I plan in getting an epidural with my 2nd child as well.
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I got an epidural at 9 with my first and wish i wiuldnt have! I will NOT be getting an epidural this time.
Hafsa1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I did get an epidural with ds at around 9cm or fully dilated. It didn't hurt quite as much once the involuntary pushing came but was glad the epidural came. Ds was breech so it was needed. My bp also skyrocketed, which I didn't know til the next day, docs were worried and said "good thing we gave you that epi, your bp got scary!" Gee thanks for letting me know!

If it's needed i'll get it this time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)