Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is this normal at 8 weeks?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I have my first dr appoinment on Tuesday and I noticed today that my feet are already sweeling. Is that normal to have sweeling so early? I didn't get it until I was over 7 months with my dd

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amycapl
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM

i don't know for sure, but i don't think that's normal.  It could be completely unrelated but it could also be a sympton of a larger problem. you may want to call your dr just in case

CafeMom Tickers
achorney
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM

How's your blood pressure?

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:48 PM

i dont know because my blood pressure moniter broke a few weeks ago and I just haven't bought another one

Quoting achorney:

achorney
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Excess swelling is a sign of high blood pressure. Go to the doctor and check it or the pharmacy and use theirs. This is really important.

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

i dont know because my blood pressure moniter broke a few weeks ago and I just haven't bought another one

Quoting achorney:

jerricalynn
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:52 PM

im 8w4d and my feet arent swallown

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Not normal at all....

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

baby7810
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM

no thats not normal till later on sorry but id talk to your dr

aprilelayne
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Just make sure to bring it up with your OB i mention everything to mine, better to be safe then sorry! :) good luck

pregnancy

& MOMMY TO NATHAN <3
bshoemaker
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I totally agree here because my BP was fine before this pregnancy even with my one prior and by 10 wks I was being hospitalized for chronic hypertension. I now take 2 different meds a day and the max dosage and have been on bed rest since 22 wks and I am 28w now. I will be having a c-section around 37w because of all the issues and meds. Please be cautious! Always better safe than sorry. I would go to the local pharmacy or call your ob

Quoting achorney:

Excess swelling is a sign of high blood pressure. Go to the doctor and check it or the pharmacy and use theirs. This is really important.

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

Quoting achorney:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Readyforbaby2
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:30 PM
It is normal. In the first trimester it is due to hormones. Some women's feet swell and some don't. Mine are swollen as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)