Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

food poisoning and being pregnant....

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM
  • 8 Replies
Last night my hubby and I went to ruby tuesdays for supper and when we got home I couldn't leave the bathroom I was throwing up and it seriously felt like my insides were being ripped out. His stomach was uneasy also and today my stomach hurts ten times worse. I'm afraid to eat anything. what do I do?

*update** hubby called ruby tuesdays and they are refunding us for our meal last night..they offered us a free meal next time we come and hubby told them that last night sorta ruined it for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KrissyV
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Any type of food illness usually passes after about 48 hours.  Make an appt to see your ob tomorrow and let him/her know what symptoms you had and your concerns.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I had food poisoning TWICE while pregnant with my son. Twice. Talk about misery! 

Just drink as much fluid as possible, even if it doesn't stay down. Get some gatorade or powerade into you, maybe pedialite or watered down juice. Have someone bring you plain rice (i dont suggest cooking it, the smell will make the nausea worse). 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Oh that sucks! Are you still throwing up? If so and you can't keep fluids down, you might want to call your doctor. If you can keep things down, you should start fluids. Don't drink a ton, just start with sips. And things like sprite or gatorade often go down better than just water. You might also try Popsicles. Feel better soon!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Oh man! I hope you feel better quickly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Food poisening is horrible.  Hope you are on the mend!!

zombiemommy7
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Make sure youre taking in lots of fluids, snack on crackers if you can. Hope this passes soon. What did you eat?
goobersmom713
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:35 PM
We both had the salad bar and cheese sticks he had a hamburger and I had chicken

Quoting zombiemommy7:

Make sure youre taking in lots of fluids, snack on crackers if you can. Hope this passes soon. What did you eat?

goobersmom713
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I'm feeling a lot better thank u

Quoting meam4444:

Food poisening is horrible.  Hope you are on the mend!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN