Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Names hard to pronounce?

Posted by   + Show Post
I kinda have a trend of my kida names being hard to pronounce, i didnt mean to because to me and the culture.im used to they arent hard at all but ive realised in public lile school or doctora offices they are hard.

My sons name is Alexys... everyone either cant say it, its just like Alexis , or they think he is a girl, we call him AJ since he is Alexys Jr.

My daughter is Ciela, everyone says Celia, when its See-ella.

Now this baby is going to be Cataleya and im nervous it will.be the same.
If you have seen the movie Colombiana you will know how to say it. ut i not how would you say it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Replies (21-21):
liams_mama12
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM

It's cute either way ! I like unique names !

Quoting KristinCarr:

My sons is said like Alexis. Idk why my exes lovely mom spelled his name with a Y it jist makes it confusing. And he insisted on his son being a Junior.

Quoting liams_mama12:

Haha I remember that name Cataleya. I was in loooove with that name for like ever. But Dh doesn't like it. I kept thinking, like you, that everyone is going to pronounce it wrong or make it sound so proper instead on Spanish sounding. Idk. I like it but I wouldn't name my daughter that. Instead I chose a different name. Its not common but its still pretty. Either way, good luck. Ciela was easy to pronounce, but your son I can honestly say I can't pronounce it !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN