Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

is it normal for me to be this tired??? plz help

Posted by   + Show Post
I ate two tacos and an ice sweet tea and I am so exhausted I can barely keep my eyes open. I don't take any meds etc. I hope its not signs of geatational diabetes, I didn't have any complications with my last pregnancy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
amanda1500
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I too am extremely tired. I am 15 weeks. I.can't do house work. Laundry. Grocery shop. Nothing. On the weekends I nap like 4 times. I'm tired of being tried. I.hope it passes. For you too.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

If it happens after eating large meals full of carbs or sugar. Blood sugar is likely the cause. You should mention it to your doctor and just keep an eye on it. Be aware of what you are eating and take not of how it makes you feel.

Quoting true-love-21:

I'm 3 months. I have only got that tired twice before, its not like I get like that everytime idk lol

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

That does sound like you may have high blood sugar. How far along are you?

true-love-21
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

If it happens after eating large meals full of carbs or sugar. Blood sugar is likely the cause. You should mention it to your doctor and just keep an eye on it. Be aware of what you are eating and take not of how it makes you feel.

Quoting true-love-21:

I'm 3 months. I have only got that tired twice before, its not like I get like that everytime idk lol

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

That does sound like you may have high blood sugar. How far along are you?

BrittsJade
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Do your prenatal vitamins have iron in them? I have to take iron pills because I was iron deficient & sooooo tired.
Bailee2b
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Normal!  I just woke up from a 3 hour nap and I am still tired!

Spring.Mom
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I would talk to your Dr. if it is something that keeps happening. I personally sleep about 7-8 hours a night. And still have to take naps throughout the day... Before pregnancy I never napped now it seems like I can't make it through the day without one. But the Doc says that it is normal and nothing to worry about.

babies

goddiddlyumshis
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:31 PM
im 30 weeks and exhausted.. but i also work full time and have a 5yr old and 1yr old. lol. dh and i are zombies by the end of the day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NewInChrist
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Normal, you're growing a baby! Lol there's sometimes I can hardly keep my eyes open. It wasn't a problem last time because ds was my first but this time he's 16 months old and I have to keep my eyes on him! Lol
Proudmommy0610
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I think I was meant to read your post. I was the same way when I was pregnant with DS three years ago I could run a marathon. But with this pregnancy I am so tired and in the beginning months I thought nothing of it but discovered after a routine blood test that I had a thyroid problem that was causing me to be so tired all the time. Not saying you have one but it doesn't hurt to have yours checked I have been on meds and it has helped greatly
nicole2884
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I have days were i feel like the walking dead i take a nap an feel the same way

Normal
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)