Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Women who have been on bed rest during their pregnancy....??

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM
  • 17 Replies

How did you not go insane? I have been on bedrest for two whole days....TWO....and I am so tired of laying around. All I want to do is clean my house. I actually went to the store tonight with my oldest.(not far away)I told Hubby I was gonna lose it if I didn't go out and get some fresh air. So he and I went, and OMG in two....TWO days of laying around I was out of breath just getting dressed. I am a on the go woman, who exercises daily. To feel fat and out of breath doesn't sit well with me. I am only 7 1/2 wks, and I am praying they take me off bed rest this week, but OMG if they don't what am I going to do. I am all about doing what is best for baby, but I am literally going to go insane.

So how do you deal on bedrest? Did you notice that coming off of bedrest you were almost out of shape???

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs* Hope you get off it soon. I know for a fact I would seriously go insane within 3 days.

kman88
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Why are you on bed rest so early? I have never been on bed rest so I am not much help, I get bored on the weekends bc now that I'm pregnant it seems as if all my friends have forgot about me but I'm sure it doesn't compare! GL and fx you  will get off bed rest this week!

Proudmommy0610
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I hear you momma I been on bed rest for four months and at first I was like u going insane. But you do adjust trust me. What I did to help me relax was I started by ordering the prego magazines you American baby parenting baby center and that helped a lot I then got me a DVD player and caught up on some Disney movies I haven't seen in years like Cinderella lion king. I enrolled DS in the Disney movie club and get the DVDs at super good prices. While he goes to preschool I watch the DVDs read my magazines and get sleep. It's hard trust me I'm five and Half months and I'm still on bed rest but have been given the green light to be up for at least three hours a day in which I take a bath with bubbles and either take a walk or do some light cleaning like dusting or folding laundry. It will get easier trust me just remember in a few months it will have all been worth it and u are gonna miss the rest lol. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I have two subchirionic bleeds outside of the gestational sac. I found out at the ER Friday. I am supposed to have another u/s to check on the bleeds locations, and size this coming week (atleast I hope its this week) and I am supposed to take easy until then. They said no lifting, driving, sex, or being on my feet for any length of time.

Quoting kman88:

Why are you on bed rest so early? I have never been on bed rest so I am not much help, I get bored on the weekends bc now that I'm pregnant it seems as if all my friends have forgot about me but I'm sure it doesn't compare! GL and fx you  will get off bed rest this week!

amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Every pregnancy in the beginning. I soak it up and enjoy it since is not everyday I get to just relax lol. It does get frustrating though. And I noticed I was EXTREMELY out of breath this time around. Even still after being off of it... I get wore out from just talking. Lol and I love talking!

I was on it at the end with my daughter for like a month and I would just cry and cry wanting to be up with my family enjoying our last few weeks together just the 3 of us. I don't know how I made it through!
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Lots of video games, coloring and reading with my daughter (she was 20 months old when DD2 was born and I was on bedrest from the end of Jan till 2wks before she was born at the end of March). 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I'm not sure, I've never been on bedrest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I hope you get better & don't have to stay on bedrest.

Quoting NoraDun:

I have two subchirionic bleeds outside of the gestational sac. I found out at the ER Friday. I am supposed to have another u/s to check on the bleeds locations, and size this coming week (atleast I hope its this week) and I am supposed to take easy until then. They said no lifting, driving, sex, or being on my feet for any length of time.

Quoting kman88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robbinbj
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I hated bed rest with DD, and am dreading when I'll be sentenced with this pregnancy. I've been on "modified bed rest" since confirmation of pregnancy due to the complications with my previous pregnancy.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I've never had to be on bed rest. That must really suck! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)