Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

horrible first trimester , going crazy!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm 8 weeks pregnant 20 years old , first pregnancy .... driving myself crazy , even tho I'm taking med for morning sickness rather have that than my embarrassing moodswings , can't sleep and when I do is more than 12 hours at the time , my back is KILLING me constantly , random cravings and by the time food is ready I rather eat something else , my body feels sore and exhausted can't stand anyone but don't want to be alone been In and out if the hospital but all doc says my pregnancy going to be long :-( help very negative thoughts
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stargaze281
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:59 PM
2 moms liked this

first off, try to breathe. Take frequent naps cause fatigue is common in first trimester. Take a warm bath to soothe your back. Do postitive things for yourself  to relieve your aches. You seem to be behaving dramatically, just dont think about the waiting time, but take one day at a time.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

((hugs))  Please take every day one by one.  And, know, pregnancy eventually does come to an end and there are also good days intertwined.  I had severe morning sickness with my second pregnancy.  It was really hard, but you will get through.  You will feel like you accomplished the world once you are holding your LO.  ((hugs)) and Feel free to make yourself at home in this group.

poohsybear
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 8 weeks also and mine is going crazy too. This is my third child. The best thing I can say is try to relax. There is still a long way to go and lots more stuff to go through. It will all be worth it. I remember with my 1st child my grandma told me it would hurt like hell but after it was over you would forget all the pain of the 9 month pregnancy and delivery. I thought she was crazy but she was totally right. When that dr puts your baby in your arms it will all be worth it.

MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I know right now it seems like it will never end but it WILL. Ur 8 weeks along so u only have a few more weeks of ur first trimester left and trust me, U will feel much better in ur second trimester. I felt like i was on my death bed with my first son, i was so weak and light headed constantly, literally from about 5 weeks til the end of the first trimester, but then it was like someone turned off the switch and i felt better than i did pre-pregnancy up until the day I gave birth. Like the other ladies said, take it day by day otherwise it will feel like forever, and trust me, all the naseau, back aches, sickness and exhaustion are all more than worth it when u meet that little baby! :)  Best of luck, I hope u feel better soon!

alegna212
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I know exactly how you feel.  I'm almost 22 weeks with my first child and had hypermesis during my first trimester.  I had never felt so miserable in my life.  I was throwing up all the time, fatigued, dizzy and just had an overall (24/7) stomach ache.  I couldn't really sleep at night, but napped often.  I didn't leave the couch (other than going to the bathroom to throw up and doctors appts) until about 14 weeks when I started feeling better.  My first outing was the mall and when I got home my whole body hurt so incredibly bad I couldn't walk for hours.  I now have bad lower back pain when I walk more than 2 freakin steps, heartburn and headaches BUT the nausea is gone, thank goodness!  I'm planning a water birth and hoping that I this pregnancy gets easier by the trimester :)  Common advice was to take it one day at a time (good advice), but that only made me feel worse because it seemed like never-ending pain.  Try to rest up, drink water or powerade, try to keep your protein up, try stretching daily and do things to keep your mind off of the sickness.  Many people told me about Preggie Pops at Babies R Us, but they didn't help me.  Just remember that 9 months out of your life is a small price to pay for giving your child life.  It will get easier. 

USM0MMY
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I am now 31 weeks pregnant and I know exactly what you are going through! My first trimester went just as well as yours is going. I was sick all the time, constantly dizzy, and practically blacked out one day at work (Arby's), but once I hit 22 weeks, I felt so much better!! I haven't vomited from morning sickness since my first trimester! Trust me, it does get better :) Keep a positive outlook!

I found that there were days when I would wake up and feel good, and days when I would wake up and feel bad... Just surround yourself with people that love you and understand that you are pregnant and are going to have your mood swings. Or if you haven't opened up to that many people about being pregnant, talk to someone who knows or has been pregnant before about what you are going through.  Having a support system is important while you are pregnant! :)

00723love
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Thank you , I'm the only 1 expecting around me so at times I feel like I was being over dramatic but thank you you pretty much describes everything I'm going to right now

Quoting alegna212:

I know exactly how you feel.  I'm almost 22 weeks with my first child and had hypermesis during my first trimester.  I had never felt so miserable in my life.  I was throwing up all the time, fatigued, dizzy and just had an overall (24/7) stomach ache.  I couldn't really sleep at night, but napped often.  I didn't leave the couch (other than going to the bathroom to throw up and doctors appts) until about 14 weeks when I started feeling better.  My first outing was the mall and when I got home my whole body hurt so incredibly bad I couldn't walk for hours.  I now have bad lower back pain when I walk more than 2 freakin steps, heartburn and headaches BUT the nausea is gone, thank goodness!  I'm planning a water birth and hoping that I this pregnancy gets easier by the trimester :)  Common advice was to take it one day at a time (good advice), but that only made me feel worse because it seemed like never-ending pain.  Try to rest up, drink water or powerade, try to keep your protein up, try stretching daily and do things to keep your mind off of the sickness.  Many people told me about Preggie Pops at Babies R Us, but they didn't help me.  Just remember that 9 months out of your life is a small price to pay for giving your child life.  It will get easier. 

00723love
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM
yeah I'm not a lot of people know , it was un planned and I'm trying to figure out my next step definitely adding to my stress too

Quoting USM0MMY:

I am now 31 weeks pregnant and I know exactly what you are going through! My first trimester went just as well as yours is going. I was sick all the time, constantly dizzy, and practically blacked out one day at work (Arby's), but once I hit 22 weeks, I felt so much better!! I haven't vomited from morning sickness since my first trimester! Trust me, it does get better :) Keep a positive outlook!

I found that there were days when I would wake up and feel good, and days when I would wake up and feel bad... Just surround yourself with people that love you and understand that you are pregnant and are going to have your mood swings. Or if you haven't opened up to that many people about being pregnant, talk to someone who knows or has been pregnant before about what you are going through.  Having a support system is important while you are pregnant! :)

00723love
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM
thank you very much for your , I hope I can start enjoying this pregnancy soon

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

I know right now it seems like it will never end but it WILL. Ur 8 weeks along so u only have a few more weeks of ur first trimester left and trust me, U will feel much better in ur second trimester. I felt like i was on my death bed with my first son, i was so weak and light headed constantly, literally from about 5 weeks til the end of the first trimester, but then it was like someone turned off the switch and i felt better than i did pre-pregnancy up until the day I gave birth. Like the other ladies said, take it day by day otherwise it will feel like forever, and trust me, all the naseau, back aches, sickness and exhaustion are all more than worth it when u meet that little baby! :)  Best of luck, I hope u feel better soon!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Welcome to the group and congrats! I'm sorry it has been so rough. It does get better! Your hormones will level off and you will have more energy and feel better overall. Hang in there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured