Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Who will give you better parenting advice...his family or your's?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 33 Replies

What do you think?

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockyhugs35
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Mine for sure. His parents thought it was ok that their kids go to bars and drink underage. No thanks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM

His sound like my ex stepfamily.

Quoting rockyhugs35:

Mine for sure. His parents thought it was ok that their kids go to bars and drink underage. No thanks.

nicole2884
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM
3 moms liked this
Neither lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Neither. My sister is... Well, I hate to say it, but she's sheeple and isn't intersted in reading anything that isn't related to SIMS or WOW. My father in law is 76... Lol! My mother has passed and so has my MIL. My MIL always gave great advice about DH, though! : ) I miss her! : *( 

JTnJT
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:17 PM

His....not mine....just to give an example why....when my oldest DD was potty training.....my mother screamed and yelled at me (I was living with her at the time) about the method I was using to potty train.....I wasn't doing it right.....I HAD to do it her way....as I lived under her roof....(her reasoning, not mine).   Thus I went through 3 weeks of potty training hell....trying to do it her way.   After my place was completed and I was able to move out....I switched back to the method I had started using to begin with.....she was completely out of diapers even at night....with-in 3 days!!

My mother is too much of a "right-fighter" for me to take any of her advice when it comes to my children.  I remember what it was like growing up with a mother who could not be satisfied....don't want that for my children.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Sorry for your loss 8(

Quoting louzannalady:

Neither. My sister is... Well, I hate to say it, but she's sheeple and isn't intersted in reading anything that isn't related to SIMS or WOW. My father in law is 76... Lol! My mother has passed and so has my MIL. My MIL always gave great advice about DH, though! : ) I miss her! : *( 

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM

neither advise us on anything.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Urgh! that sounds horrible 8(

Quoting JTnJT:

His....not mine....just to give an example why....when my oldest DD was potty training.....my mother screamed and yelled at me (I was living with her at the time) about the method I was using to potty train.....I wasn't doing it right.....I HAD to do it her way....as I lived under her roof....(her reasoning, not mine).   Thus I went through 3 weeks of potty training hell....trying to do it her way.   After my place was completed and I was able to move out....I switched back to the method I had started using to begin with.....she was completely out of diapers even at night....with-in 3 days!!

My mother is too much of a "right-fighter" for me to take any of her advice when it comes to my children.  I remember what it was like growing up with a mother who could not be satisfied....don't want that for my children.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM

That can be a good thing 8)

Quoting LucyHarper:

neither advise us on anything.

japanmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Kinda both. Best advice from my mom and his stepmom is good but things from his mom and aunt and that sides grandparents not so great. My dads side of the family is horrible with advice too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN