Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnancy good news and bad

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 35 Replies
So I went to see Dr. Chamit today. There is good news and bad news.

Good news. As of right now I don't have ttts.

Bad news baby B (Rose) is smaller then baby A (Yuki) so they gave me 3 options. 1. Going on with the pregnancy with the risk of losing rose and yuki getting brain damage if rose passes. 2. Terminating my entire pregnancy 3. I believe was selective termination to just rose Nd bringing yuki into the world early
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Oh wow, that would be hard. How many weeks are you?

X.Rukia.X
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM
How many weeks are you? ? These measures seem drastic imo. Just because one is smaller doesn't always mean anything. My twins weren't the same size. And both are happy healthy 4yr olds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heartnhidin
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:03 AM
How many weeks? And what type of twins are they?
mwangi1989
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
In such situations its always best to get a second opinion before making such a life changing decision. I don't think the twins being different in size should be a reason to let one go or terminate the pregnancy. Please try and get checked by even two more doctors and hear what they will say. Goodluck
emilyelephant
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM

So what is wrong if you don't have ttts?  Those options don't seem realistic unless you have some other complication.  I vote you get a second opinion

yuki_onna
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 22 weeks 2 days they are identical girls they are in the same sac the doctor says Rose isn't getting enough nutrients. Other then the nutrients the doctor didn't really say anything else. I talked to my children's father and we both are chlsing to try to finish the pregnancy because the small baby's heart beat is strong and she's moving around. But I think I will try to get a second opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM
this

Quoting emilyelephant:

So what is wrong if you don't have ttts?  Those options don't seem realistic unless you have some other complication.  I vote you get a second opinion

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2kids306
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this
As a mom that decision must be hard but I pray The Lord gives you strength to make your choice I would try and bring them both into the world. I pray for you and I agree with the second opinion and if her heartbeat is strong then I wouldn't worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yuki_onna
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Yeah. Ijust wanted to cry when he told me the options. Yeah the doctor really didn't give me much info just told me my options and that was it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mwangi1989
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this
He was supposed to explain to you everything in detail and not make such a decision just on the size of the baby. I have seen and heard of many stories of one twin being smaller than the other twin at birth and has made it. For that babys heart to still be beating and for that baby to still be active it shows that's a perfectly healthy baby,she might not be getting enough nutrients but what matters is she is still surviving and active. Please get a second opinion on this and the sooner the better.

Quoting yuki_onna:

Yeah. Ijust wanted to cry when he told me the options. Yeah the doctor really didn't give me much info just told me my options and that was it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN