Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is anyone feeling a little "hormonal" lol.

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi all!

My name is Ashley but my family and friends just call me Ash, I am 27 and expecting my first child, with my wonderful husband. He has a son from a previous relationship, hes my little budy i love him to pieces. We are very excited to be able to give me a baby brother or sister and so is he<3 I feel bad for my boys though, these Pg hormones have me acting crazy. Even feeling a little crazy at times. I am only 7 and a half weeks along, but I am already showing. I am petiete, and before baby was 105 pounds. The doctor said its normal to show when your as small framed as I am. My mother and mother in law seem to think theres more then one little bun in the oven, it would be amazing but scary too. Other then nerves everything hurts. Is this true for any one else? My teeth hurt, my back hurts, my breast hurt my head hurts. lol- just about it all. But they say after the first trimester it will get better. I cant wait for our little one to be here with us, but all I really want it a healthy baby. I was wondering if anyone has found relief for morning sickness? I snack almost all day on little things, the ginger ale works well too. But this past week seems to be the worst, the smell of certain foods makes me turn green. Any advice I would love. Hope everyone is well <3

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I havent found a relief for morning sickness, but going to the dr today and ask for Zofran or some kind of meds

ashandjoe2011
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM

That reminds me I have to pick up some extra meds the doc gave me yesterday! thank goodness i rememberd. Its not for morning sickness, but extra pre natals. Its just precautionary. I have a awesome doc hope you do too

pacificamom
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Congrats! I took ginger root for sickness

ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
It will get better (sort of lol) just know all of this is normal (apparently lol)

I never found anything to help my m/s still have it at 18 weeks. Just keep hydrated and well rested. Stress makes it worse for me too. (Probably why I'm still sick)

Don't be afraid of talking to your dr. I put off getting any relief because I didn't want to be whiney.

As for mood swings. Just roll with it... and be willing to apologize. Also learn how to walk away or seperate yourself.yu will get used to the extreme changes and it will get easier. Find some activities that help you destress now and stick with them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Congrats on your pregnancy!

Sorry about the hormones & emotions. Things usually start to level off around your second trimester.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutbee
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Crystallized ginger, preggo pops and Gripe water all work wonders for morning sickness. I hope you find something that helps you! 1st trimester, sounds familiar! Just try to hang in there, it does get better! Try keeping saltine crackers next to your bed and munch on one or two before getting up and before bed. Best of luck to you and congratulations!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AthenaGrace
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Hi there! I'm 34 weeks in and it definitely got better for me at the end of the first trimester. Everything aches now though from being so big and so close to baby's arrival haha. My least favorite problem is that she's pushing my hips apart. 

For morning sickness I just waited it out and took a vitamin.  Congrats and good luck with your baby!

ashandjoe2011
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Thanks Ladys! Its helpful to know i can come here for advice instead of buggin my hubby. it doenst mind but sometimes he just laughs and say hun i wouldnt know, but im sure it will get easier<3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)