Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone have this embarassing issue...

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok so Im just going to come out and say it.... My hemorrhoids from my first baby have begun to get bigger. They dont really irritate me, just bug me because I know they are there and look huge!!

Im 30 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and the farther along Ive gotten the bigger the hemorrhoids seem to be getting too. Im worrid at delivery how big they might be and if I'll like make one burst or something.

Does anyone have any ideas/tips on how to shrink them or make them go away? I read something somewhere about a potato can help but just seems odd to have a potato squeezed between my butt cheeks, but I think Im willing to try anything if it'll help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
brittany208
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I'm the same exact way. I still have one from my first pregnancy, and now I have another from this pregnancy. They don't hurt at all, they just DONT GO AWAY! and im not sure if the things everyone is suggesting are just to relieve pain... bc they dont hurt. they are just gross. i guess i should try the potato thing...

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:38 PM

You might mention it to your doctor. Sometimes they can push them back in if it is a blood vessel that has gotten trapped.

jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I had the same problem!!! I was freaked out in my last trimester because they were so swollen and huge. I had a rapid labor and my ass bled for a few weeks....not a lot, just a little. I got Prep H and it totally helped. Then after a few weeks they had totally disappeared again! However, I do find it funny that the old saying, "You're making my hemorrhoids flare up" is true. When I get pissed off, they reappear. Odd!

jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:40 PM

No, it isn't just for pain! It shrinks them so that they almost disappear. Try it!

Quoting KAmomma1113:

No. I thought those were only for relief from them. Mine dont hurt, I just know they are there :(

Quoting kmqw229:

Have you tried Tucks pads or Preparation H?

KAmomma1113
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Thats how Im feeling too! They r plain annoying and I worry if this labor is like my first (thats where I got them cuz I couldnt figure out how to push) then I might burst one, if thats even possible. Lol. I dont want to do medication either thats why Im trying anything and everything. Good luck to u! :)

Quoting taurusmom88:

I'm dealing with them for the past month or so. They are kinda hurting and starting to get bigger, but are mostly annoying. I will try the potato thing. I never heard of this before. Let's hope it helps. If not I'm asking for medication. I'm close to labor so I don't want them to get worse.

KAmomma1113
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Right! Mine were barely noticeable with this pregnancy until about a month ago and then Bam! I know the potato sounds funny and will probably feel funny but its worth a shot, right?! Idk about the other suggestions either, guess I'll have to look when I head back to the store what the boxes say....

Quoting brittany208:

I'm the same exact way. I still have one from my first pregnancy, and now I have another from this pregnancy. They don't hurt at all, they just DONT GO AWAY! and im not sure if the things everyone is suggesting are just to relieve pain... bc they dont hurt. they are just gross. i guess i should try the potato thing...

KAmomma1113
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Thanks! I might just have to if the potato thing doesnt work. Which one u recommend? The tucks or prep h?

Quoting jamamama00:

No, it isn't just for pain! It shrinks them so that they almost disappear. Try it!

Quoting KAmomma1113:

No. I thought those were only for relief from them. Mine dont hurt, I just know they are there :(

Quoting kmqw229:

Have you tried Tucks pads or Preparation H?

brittany208
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM

and i did have tucks pads and prep H before... don't know if i didnt use them long enough or what. the tucks pads did make my bum feel a little better right after giving birth, but that was about it.

someone else posted about this awhile back, and someone said they had to have their surgically removed. Really hope I don't have to go that route...

Quoting KAmomma1113:

Right! Mine were barely noticeable with this pregnancy until about a month ago and then Bam! I know the potato sounds funny and will probably feel funny but its worth a shot, right?! Idk about the other suggestions either, guess I'll have to look when I head back to the store what the boxes say....

Quoting brittany208:

KAmomma1113
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Oh no! I dont wanna do a surgical route either, but thatd be a very last resort for me. Are u going to try the tucks or prep h again?

Quoting brittany208:

and i did have tucks pads and prep H before... don't know if i didnt use them long enough or what. the tucks pads did make my bum feel a little better right after giving birth, but that was about it.

someone else posted about this awhile back, and someone said they had to have their surgically removed. Really hope I don't have to go that route...

Quoting KAmomma1113:

Quoting brittany208:

brittany208
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I'll try the potato thing first. Sounds weird and gross, but I usually have potatoes on hand... Then if that doesn't work, prep H again.

Quoting KAmomma1113:

Oh no! I dont wanna do a surgical route either, but thatd be a very last resort for me. Are u going to try the tucks or prep h again?

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting KAmomma1113:

Quoting brittany208:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)