Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Getting induced in 4-5 days!!!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:28 AM
  • 15 Replies

I am 39 weeks! & Almost 4cm dilated. My ob said i wasnt quite 4 yet, but way closer to 4 then to 3. And 75% effaced (thinned out). He thinks ill go natural before he induces me!! But Today i am having a doc. appointment and he is scheduling me to be induced this monday or tuesday! 

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Hope it goes well. Elective inductions always give me a huge lump in my throat, though. Mine certainly didn't go well. 2 days of hell followed by an emergency c-section. Pretty common story, same thing happened to a friend, and to my sister (although hers was medically indicated). I certainly hope you have better luck. I wouldn't wish my induction experience on my worst enemy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM

*hug* I wish you the very, very best! HERE is info on the various method of induction for your consideration, to help you have a safer experience. It is important that you know your options and know the risks and benefits of each drug and each procedure he is offering, so you make the safest choices possible. You can turn down any drug or procedure that you have read about and do not feel is safe! Are you and baby still doing okay? Or is he still saying that baby is rooming out of as the only reason to induce? 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Good luck! 

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM
My story as well. GL op!

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Hope it goes well. Elective inductions always give me a huge lump in my throat, though. Mine certainly didn't go well. 2 days of hell followed by an emergency c-section. Pretty common story, same thing happened to a friend, and to my sister (although hers was medically indicated). I certainly hope you have better luck. I wouldn't wish my induction experience on my worst enemy.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Good luck! Youll have a baby in your arms soon enough :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Good luck :)
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Well.. good luck. You were given a lot of good advice by the ladies here and you've made a decision obviously. I hope all goes well!

How is he going to induce you? 

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Quoting Teen_mom1996:

I am 39 weeks! & Almost 4cm dilated. My ob said i wasnt quite 4 yet, but way closer to 4 then to 3. And 75% effaced (thinned out). He thinks ill go natural before he induces me!! But Today i am having a doc. appointment and he is scheduling me to be induced this monday or tuesday! 

Why do you want to be induced?
Will you choose your route based on health & or safety
convenience?

Astrachanca
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Yeah I'm curious why you're getting induced or why your doctor is considering it right now. Is there a medical reason?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN