Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm really confused...

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am 3 weeks, maybe 4 weeks.
I tested positive on 5 tests. Yes I took 5.
I was on Sprintec pill I took it religously and yet still got pregnant!
I went to the doctors and they did an ultrasound and pee test which they saw was very faint mine were to but I knew I was only 3 weeks. This morning I woke up bleeding. More for me to count as spotting but not as much as my regular bleeding...
I have no idea whats going on and I really hope I'm not miscarrying. I am worried sick =/
Last night I took another test and the line was darker then the other day wouldn't it be fainter if I was miscarrying?
I know this all sounds confusing but I am trying to not over think it and worry but I don't want to not worry either.

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM

If they did an ultrasound, that could cause the bleeding. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I agree with pandapanda-if they did an internal exam, it could irritate the cervix (which is already more irritable when pregnant). 

rebecca.n
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:52 AM

As long as it isn't alot of bleeding I wouldn't worry. Spotting is actually normal in early pregnancy. But if you start to bleed alot or you start to cramp with it, then I'd see a doctor.

la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Bump!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:39 PM

The line wouldn't necessarily be fainter if you were miscarrying. It is somewhat common to have light bleeding in early pregnancy. As long as it doesn't get heavier and you don't start cramping much, everything is probably fine. I'm sorry you are going through this. I can imagine it would be really frightening. I'll be praying for you!

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I took the pill religiously and still got pregnant with DS1, he will be 4 on Saturday.

Some light bleeding during early stages of pregnancy can be normal as long as they aren't accompanied with cramping. Did the doctor do an exam? That can be the cause of the bleeding.

alexislovesjr
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM

agree

Quoting Pandapanda:

If they did an ultrasound, that could cause the bleeding. 

CafeMom Tickers
butterflycircle
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I always had some "bleeding" around the time of my missed period. It was pink and slightly brownish and wasn't enough to soak a pad or anything. 

Miscarrying probably wouldn't give you a fainter line right away like that.

Like the other ladies said the u/s (if it was internal) can cause some bleeding sex could do this too. 

Try to relax,drink some water, put your feet up,a nd relax. I know it is easier said than done. I had a really rough start to this pregnancy too. I had super faint lines (I thought I was 6 weeks) and even my Dr told me I would probably miscarry. I was a wreck for 2 weeks. I had spotting small blood clots too. Finally all of the blood work  came back and my u/s and stuff and it said I was just earlier than I thought. I am 38 weeks 1 day today : )

Good luck 

Sweet_Carol_126
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:18 PM

If the period is more intense than a normal period, call the doctor.  The doctor's tests are better than the pharmacy test.  You can always call the doctor or the nurse and talk about bleeding and see what they say.  You may have to be off your feet for a little while until you find out what happens.  Sometimes you could be ovulating and don't know if the PG test would give a false read or not.  If the match up of sperm and egg didn't take completely it could not take or if it doesn't attach to the wall, it might not last and the body does abort some that don't attach well.  But you don't really know for sure that you are pregnant or not.  Usually can't tell until 4-6 weeks.  So maybe you need to sit and keep your feet up or stay in bed a few days to see.  Since weekend is coming up that is good.  Just be patient and trust the body to take care of itself.  Or call the nurse at the doctor's office to see what you should do.  i THOUGHT I was pregnant once and hoped and doctor said I could have been but too soon to tell for sure but my uterus was swollen a bit.  I passed a blood clot and I got it out of the toilet and took it when I went to doctor and said no tissue in it.  Said I might not have been PG at all.  I did bleed a while and had a D&C and after bleeding awhile then the cycle straightened out.  Doctor indicated that I was probably not pregnant at all and there was no tissue in what left my body.  I was disappointed.  I waited a while for my body to get straightened out, 6 months to a year and then I tried again and it took and I had a beautiful boy to go with the girl I had the first time.  Good luck to you.

liams_mama12
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Yes I would be worried too. How come your doctor didn't take blood test ? That will show HCG which is the pregnancy hormone. Do you have any pregnancy symtoms ? Did they do a vaginal ultrasound ? What were the results ? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN