Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

12 week fundal height?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM
  • 22 Replies

Long story short- I haven't been seen since I had an ultrasound at 7w3d for cramping and pain. I measured exactly what I should have based on the day I ovulated. Baby was the size of a 7w3d baby but already had arms, legs, and fingers- developmentally looking much farther ahead than those due at the same time as me. 

Now, tomorrow I will be 12 weeks. I was checking my belly this morning and the top of my uterus is right along the bottom of my belly button! I had my husband feel and he feels it too! Judging by the roundness, i'd say the entire thing is a little smaller than a cantaloupe? Much bigger than the "average". Has anyone ever dealt with this before? I've just never heard of such a large uterus so early in pregnancy!

This is baby #3 and i've been a worry wart about everything. Silly things.. like this. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I'm pregnant w #4 and he is def not going w the guidelines. My fundal height was higher all the way till now (22w) it's confirmed by my dr that its normal so I'm not worried. Congrats
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM

That happened with #3 for me. My fundal height measured 20 wks from about 8 wks on. Dr said because I had been preggo 12 mns prior my body just jump started the growth. I stayed measuring 20 wks until I hit 20 wks and then once the baby caught up I started growing more. It was crazy because people thought I was always farther along then I was. I felt VERY pregnant for EVER.

FYI I had a woman argue with me that it was impossible, and that my Dr was incorrect, her Dr said it wasn't possible. JUST FYI, some women tend to get crazy about fundal height HAHA!

Anyway thank goodness this pregnancy I seem to be growing at a slower pace. I am 8 wks today and I am feeling the uterus right above my pubic bone!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I hear ya. I used to be a non-believer, lol. It's just bizarre. This will make our third child age 3 or under.. that's got to be why!  

Quoting NoraDun:

That happened with #3 for me. My fundal height measured 20 wks from about 8 wks on. Dr said because I had been preggo 12 mns prior my body just jump started the growth. I stayed measuring 20 wks until I hit 20 wks and then once the baby caught up I started growing more. It was crazy because people thought I was always farther along then I was. I felt VERY pregnant for EVER.

FYI I had a woman argue with me that it was impossible, and that my Dr was incorrect, her Dr said it wasn't possible. JUST FYI, some women tend to get crazy about fundal height HAHA!

Anyway thank goodness this pregnancy I seem to be growing at a slower pace. I am 8 wks today and I am feeling the uterus right above my pubic bone!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I think it definately effects things. This time around it has been almost 3 yrs since my last pregnancy, so I feel like my body is almost treating it like its a first pregnancy again.

Quoting Pandapanda:

I hear ya. I used to be a non-believer, lol. It's just bizarre. This will make our third child age 3 or under.. that's got to be why!  

Quoting NoraDun:

rbailey2414
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Crazy ;)) I bet it looks cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM

It's probably just because you were pregnant not that long ago. Any way you could be further along though?

Bailee2b
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I don't know that I've ever paid attention to where my uterus is at?! Now that everybody is talking about it I've been checking and can't feel it at all... Guess I don't know what I'm checking for!
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM

it can be tricky to find it early on. If you can press down and feel your pubic bone, start feeling around there and if you can feel the sides of your uterus (it will be a little firm) you might be able to trace it. It's called Belly Mapping, but it usually just used in the final trimester. :) It's fun, look into it! Spinningbabies.com has some info. 

Quoting Bailee2b:

I don't know that I've ever paid attention to where my uterus is at?! Now that everybody is talking about it I've been checking and can't feel it at all... Guess I don't know what I'm checking for!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I have definitely considered that. What's getting me is that when I had my ultrasound i measured exactly (to the day) what I should have for the day I know I ovulated and it also matches perfectly with lmp. But even the OB doing it was thrown off because the baby had limbs and fingers a week or so early. AND.. Nate and I both felt the baby roll from my pubic bone up to the top of my uterus. Ah well. 

Maybe i've finally gone off the deep end. 8)

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

It's probably just because you were pregnant not that long ago. Any way you could be further along though?

Bailee2b
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll have to poke around when I get home. It's probably not appropriate to have my hands down my pants at work lol!

Quoting Bailee2b:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)