Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Worried I may have hurt my baby

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 30 Replies

I get boils in my vagina because of clogged hair folicules. I have gotten them since I was a teenager. They are usually near my clitoris or just above. One of my doctors a long time ago suggested I use  neosporin on it because it will keep it from getting infected and it could make it drain faster.  I got one last week and told my doctor about it but he did not see worried because it was still really small. But now its gotten big and really hurts. I started washing it with a warm cloth and then putting a bit of neosporin on it. It was helping it but then I read that neosporin is in the class C drugs for pregnancy because they are not sure what it could do, not enough testing has been done. So I immediatly stopped using it when I read it this morning and called my doctor but they have not called back yet. I used it on and off for 3 days. Now I am worried I possibly hurt my unborn child. Should it be okay?

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ekh2010
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
How far are you? Most times youll be fine...take a breath and as long as you arent seeing spotting or cramping you shld be ok. Call a pharmacy and ask what to look for if you cant get dr to call back. My obhad me dated wrong...i took sudafed for a week w a sinus infection in3rd tri. I was hysterical wen i found out...but hes fine so far and well see in a cpl weeks. We worry as moms but dnt beat urself up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebecca.n
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be worried. Just stop using it.

trin123
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I am 18 weeks pregnant. I am just trying not to get it infected because last time i actually ran fever and I am trying to prevent that from happening. I have stopped using it and I havent had any cramping or bleeding but just really worried right now and feel completely stupid.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

You'll be fine, so will the baby. 

kimmie3577
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

i wouldnt worry at all just dont use it until you talk to your doctor.. you can even ask the pharmacy they will know too

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Also, try buying Summer's Eve femenine wash. it's great for keeping things clean down there and preventing bacteria buildup in pores.

Megan11587
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

We can't answer that. If studies haven't been done, we have no information to base an opinion.  If the relief outweighs your worry, use it.  If not, don't.

yummypeaches
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this

You could also try using tea tree oil. Either mix a VERY small amount into your body wash and wash the area when you are in the shower or apply directly to the boil with a Q-tip. Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and great for infections. Google it and you'll see a ton of benefits. I use it on my face and I rarely ever have a breakout.

x_Starr_x
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
you will be fine also do you shave if so that may be causing the in growns.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
The topical neosporin is fine. Wash the area with soap and rub with a wash cloth, it should be gone within a couple of days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)