Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

*Update* Diapers... Average Cost

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this

What is the average cost of disposable diapers for the first year? I know there is no way to really tell but DH's boss just randomly asked him. My DH of course thought nothing of it till his boss came back today and asked for the figures. Nate (my dh) asked why he wanted to know... His boss said he wanted to say thank you for hall his hard work and wants to pay for diaper supply for the first year! How amazing, I couldn't believe what I had heard. Sorry had to share. 

Thank you ladies! I have figured about .15 to .40 cents per diaper and about 2500 to 3000 diapers a year. (that is a lot) so anywhere from $450-$1200 in the first year. Maybe I will have to consider going to reusable at least at night time or while we are at home. And It is a tremendously generous offer! I will have to think of someway to thank him! Any Ideas?

babies

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I know the average is $2500 for the first two years.

We cloth diaper though, so no experience. I spent around $1500 over 6 years and am diapering my fourth baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I don't know. We use cloth.  The only disposables I have used are the ones that were given as gifts.

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Well my dd was allergic to anything but Pampers so we spent more money because she had to have that brand

But I beleive its something like $72.00 a month X 12=cost a year

heres a link

http://www.babycenter.com/baby-cost-calculator

ElyseFowler
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Anywhere from 2500-3000 depends on the amount and brand you use. I buy my pampers at babies r us at 46.99 a box but in size 2 diapers I get 186 diapers and I change 6 diapers or so a day so they last me a month or so. My fiancé and I spend about 100 a month or so on diapers some days we use 10 diapers some less. It depends on your baby my son hates being wet so I change more often. You can also order from www.diapers.com for good bulk deals but if you go name brand do not buy at Walmart or target you get hardly any for what you're spending. Just a word of advise from experience
bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Wow!

All know is that I've spent $200 so far in 6 weeks (not counting the couple of packs I got as gifts). $1200-$1500/ year probably?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Wow! That is a very generous gift. It depends on the brand of diapers. We were using Walmart brand before we switched to cloth. We were spending about $60 a month on diapers.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM

My kids are very heavy wetters and Huggies are the only brand that holds up to their pees. We're about 50/50 cloth though, so we only spend $40 every month and a half. 

dusty_707
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM

if you do like walmart brand diapers the average cost  for the first year  is between 180 .00 to  216.00 .

If  you do pampers the average cost for the first year is  between  267.00 to 420.

these numbers are if you only get one box a diapers a month.. the smaller number is for the regular box and the bigger number is for  super box.  good luck.. if you have any questions just ask

mem82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Huggies here are 9.44 a pack of 30 to 40. You go through 8 a day give or take.

mrsniebo
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:36 PM

That's a generous gift! We paid about 13-16 cents per diaper (but used store brand diapers) and probably averaged about 8-10 diapers per day in the first year, so that'd be about $500 for the first year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)