Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What made you decide to take a test?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM
  • 35 Replies
I know a lot of you probably just missed your period, but was there something else that made you consider the possibility that you were pregnant?

For me, I went to El Pollo Loco (my favorite restaurant, and ordered a crunchy taco (my favorite food) and when I took a bite, it tasted weird. I was instantly like, IM PREGNANT! and sure enough, I was. (=
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unspecified42
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Three times it was IVF, once AI, and my son I tested because I knew it was a possibility because we'd been careless one night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I had actually been feeling sick for a few days and we just thought it was PMS since we thought AF was due in a few days and we had lost a baby the month before... Ha! Not the case.

I checked my phone and realized AF was actually 3 days late, but to be on the safe side I waited another 2 days just in case. I'm 14 weeks 4 days now with a rather active bouncing bean. :)
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

We were actively trying for over 2 1/2 yrs. I had a weird cycle, I wasn't really sure if I ovulated or not, it was just a weird cycle. About 8 days after ovulation I had really bad cramps, which made me think it was possible I was preggo. I took a test at 9 dpo and it was a light positive, again a light (although darker) positive at 10 dpo and 11dpo. I thought it was bad tests so I took a different test at night on 11dpo and it was positive. So I took 4 different tests including a digital at 12 dpo. All positives. I had blood work the same day that confirmed my levels were 32

goddiddlyumshis
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM
nausea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

well my dd was being very close, and she would come and lay on me and she would follow me around the house. It was weird because she doesnt do that, Also for 3 days I was kind of nauseous in the morning but that was it, it would go away.

Well I was like it doesnt hurt to take a test, and it said Pregnant =)

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Oh and I hadn't missed my period yet, it was due the next day after I tested and with my dd I had a UTI(Never had one in my life and still haven't had one since then) when I went to the dr he said I was pregnant

CafeMom Tickers
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Ttc baby #2 for almost 5 years and we stoppe ttc in December because we were going to look into IVF and so exactly 3 months after my nana died I got my BFP on January 12th :)
little.worthen
by Tessie on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM
What? I don't know what any of that means

Quoting unspecified42:

Three times it was IVF, once AI, and my son I tested because I knew it was a possibility because we'd been careless one night
AmberMerrell
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM
With my daughter I cried because my dh ( fiance at the time ) had just chewed his last piece of gum & I really wanted some. This baby dh was certain I was pregnant & I had started getting heartburn & sore boobs. My period was technically a day late, but it had been weird since I had my mirena removed anyhow so I didn't think much of it but decided to test anyhow & it was dark positive within 2 minutes on both test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM
In vitro fertilization and artificial insemination. I didn't have any symptoms, just was trying really hard in special ways:)

Quoting little.worthen:

What? I don't know what any of that means

Quoting unspecified42:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)