Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Doctor/Midwife?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 15 Replies

So I have decided I DO NOT want to deliver in a hospital nor at my home... When I was pregnant with my son living in Kansas City there was this midwive/doctor person that had like 5 rooms in this huge huge place. They looked like bedrooms with couches and it was amazing... WHAT THE HECK DO I SEARCH FOR on the internet to find something like that in Post Falls, Idaho?  Please help, is there usually places like that? ;-/  I want the option of doing a water birth and stuff and thats why I dont want the hospital   ya know?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrS.GiFFord
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM
I think you mean a birthing center.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamieMN
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I live in Idaho and, as far as I know, the only birthing center in the state is in Boise.

shackelford8610
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG thank you! I had a pregnancy brain fart lol

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

I think you mean a birthing center.

KittyTussand
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM

My Birthcenter is like that here in spokane.  They have a huge suite with attached bathroom with large birthing tub.  Large bed. a couch. 

im looking forward to this birth!!! My daughter was in the hospital and i wont ever go back!

rjmac88
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM

hey i am in Boise. they are birth centers. worst case scenario there are two down here if you are willing to drive down when you are due...

rjmac88
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM

there are 2 in Boise  

Quoting JamieMN:

I live in Idaho and, as far as I know, the only birthing center in the state is in Boise.

rjmac88
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I would google all the homebirth midwives in your area though and ask them. one of my friends is going with a homebirth midwife who is not affiliated with a birth center. but she has a room set up in her house where women are welcome to come and birth if they dont want to do it at their own home. so some might have that kind of set up. there is always the hotel option as well...

shackelford8610
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I found one!! http://cdastork.com/Dayspring/Our_Services.html ;-)

Quoting JamieMN:

xredstarsx
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Spokane midwives birthing center is great! I know it's a little drive but the midwives are fantastic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Birthing center? I hope you find one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN