Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Early labor?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM
  • 4 Replies

so tell me what you think?

I"m 38 weeks 6 days.   I started having lower back pain last night, just uncomfortable and with a few contractions here and there, I was able to sleep, didn't note much during the night and I was up a lot with my DD (2.5yrs) who is sick right now.  And this morning we got up around 5:30 and by about 7am I was pretty uncomfortable back pain with some cramping.  I've yet to been able to time any contractions, they just don't feel like the contractions did last time around.  Baby is posterior, so I don't know if it's just his position causing back labor or what.  

Think it's just early labor? or am I looking a just days/weeks of discomfort from his position?

I took a nice shower this morning and that helped, I notice the discomfort less when I move around, but it's definitely still there.  I'm working on drinking tons of fluids right now to see if that helps.

I don't know if I'm just more worried this time around with his position being posterior, and having to drive further to the hospital, my husband is at work (1 hr away at least) and having to have time to drop my DD off at my mom's....

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM

WHAT on earth, how are you 38 weeks already?! 

It could definitely be early stages of labor- only time will tell. My second labor started like this and lasted 19ish hours before hard labor kicked in. Pay attention to the little signs your body is giving you and listen to your instinct. 

grapejelly
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM

it flew by!  though these last few weeks have been dragging.  I'm still working so I can't wait until the baby comes so I can stay home for a few weeks and enjoy him.

Quoting Pandapanda:

WHAT on earth, how are you 38 weeks already?! 

It could definitely be early stages of labor- only time will tell. My second labor started like this and lasted 19ish hours before hard labor kicked in. Pay attention to the little signs your body is giving you and listen to your instinct. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I'm not much help, but it really could be both or prodromal labor with baby's position being off.  If you haven't already, I would try getting on your fours and hip rock to see if it helps baby get into a little better position. 

I can't believe it is almost time for you!!  Good luck and trust your body!!  It is amazing how we mamas just know when something is about to happen.  <3

BabieBeat
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Don't ever hesitate to call your health care team with any questions or concerns you may have or comments you don't understand. They are there to educate and inform you, that's their job! And always, and trust your gut...xo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN