Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Assuming gender by heart rate?????

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 11 Replies
So I went to the doc today and they listened to baby's heart. The baby's heart rate is 166 bpm with my 2 girls their heart rate never went over 160 mostly stayed around 145 150. Many people have been telling me that because the heart rate is so fast that baby will most likely be a boy?? Do you think there is any truth to this? Oh ya my due date is Oct 2 2013 but baby is measuring at a due date of Sept 28th but this is normal because my daughter measured 2 weeks bigger then she was.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SullyCat86
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Nope not true at all!  I was told the opposite that low heart rate was boys.  Both my boys were 145.  I am pergnant with a girl now and her heart rate is 145s too.  Sorry.

Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

it's an old wives tale, no truth behind it

PEEK05
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Usually that wives tale is the other way around. Fast = girl, slow = boy.

However, it was right with my first two kids but not my third.  Girl was fast, boy was slow.  My third child, however, was slow but is a girl. :)

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:52 AM

No I don't think there is too much truth...because if the baby is super active, the heart rate will be higher whether boy or girl.

sissy852
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM
the doctor told me girl based off the heart rate and i had a boy. It was wrong for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladyee
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:01 AM

i heard that girls have high heart rates but my nephew and Godsons all had 160+ so im not sure

Duenov30
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I have also heard girl is higher but I heard you can't go off early stages its more for after 20 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:15 PM

No truth to it. Both of my boys had "girl" heart rates! : ) 

Denisethedaring
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I don't really think so--all my babies had heart rates over 160 and they ended up being two boys and a girl.

momof2grls629
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM
3 pregnancies and all of mine the heartbeat theory was accurate. Both my girls were always high (160's) and I am now carrying a boy and it's always lower (120-140). Also I used the gender prediction calendar with all 3 and that was also correct.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN