Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Concerned & Hoping

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:32 AM
  • 6 Replies
So I have tooken plan b yesterdayy at 6:17 , but my question is, Was my 72 hrs up ? Is ever to latee to take plan b ? I had unprotected sex on Tuesday around 4:15 or somewhere earlier between tht time. How do I know if my 72 hrs were up I was told tht today is 72hrs, Advice pleasee ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Amycapl
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:53 AM

i would imagine that the 72 hours is a general, kind of blanket statement.  it probably works best within the first 3 days after unprotected sex and then gets less and less effective after that.  I'm no expert on the subject, but that would be my educated guess :) you should get your period soon after taking it, i believe.

CafeMom Tickers
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM

bump.

Rain2Rinse
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:29 AM
No clue, I've never taken it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Yep. Your 72hours were up. They ended Thursday. If you ovulated then chances are you got pregnant. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Plan B stops ovulation from happening, so that is why you're supposed to take it within 72 hours of sex (the spermies won't live much longer than that anyway). If you did ovulate, taking Plan B makes you much more likely to miscarry. My sister-in-law got pregnant after taking Plan B, but then she had a miscarriage after less than a month of being pregnant.

Ladyee
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM

72=3 days so yes but ive taken plan b the next morning and im 5 months pregnant no birth control is 100% just chill out and take a pregnancy test in like two wks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured