Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pink eye *update* racing heart

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 7 Replies
Has anyone had pink eye while pregnant. I woke up with it this morning and if course the doctors are closed so I'll have to go to instacare. But I was wondering if anyone has had it and used home remedies while pregnant to help fix it?

Update: thanks ladies its good to know about breast milk for pink eye I'll keep that in mind. I went in to instacare and got a rx she was concerned because my heart rate is elevated. She said its racing at 150 and that's resting. So now I've got to keep an eye on that to make sure everything is ok.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CristaJordan
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM

pink eye can only be cured by antibiotics in the eye,nystatin drops,it kills the bacteria that cause pink eye. I had it when I was pregnant with my daughter.

becs0808
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I've used colloidal silver when not pregnant to cure pink eye but I'm unsure if it is safe to use at this time

Quoting CristaJordan:

pink eye can only be cured by antibiotics in the eye,nystatin drops,it kills the bacteria that cause pink eye. I had it when I was pregnant with my daughter.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CristaJordan
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM

You can always call and ask insta care before you go in

farmlovin
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Lactating or know someone who is? Breast milk cures pink eye. No joke. 

lillucky8
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I think you need rx eye meds. Make sure to was eyes with warm water frequently, and ps when not preg breast milk is an awesome pink eye cure!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trilliandent42
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:29 PM

This...  Doc prescribed squirting breastmilk in my son's eye when he had pink eye...  Went away that night. 

Quoting farmlovin:

Lactating or know someone who is? Breast milk cures pink eye. No joke. 

brittany208
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I would try breatmilk first if you can. hopefully you have a close friend/family who is breastfeeding, bc that'd be a realllly awkward conversation if its just someone you barely know that is breasfeeding!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN