Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Does this sound like Braxton hicks or real contractions?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm 30 weeks pregnant and last night I was laying in bed to go to sleep and I had just used the bathroom. I wasn't laying there 5 minutes and I felt the overwhelming urge to pee again and I put my hand on my status and my whole uterus was tightened up as hard as it could and it lasted for a few minutes then I let loose and I didn't feel like I needed to pee any more and this kept happening on and off the tightening was coming and going every few minutes or so and it would get stronger. This went on for an hour or more. Any ideas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
alliesaurus
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM

The key would be to time them. If they become more intense and do not go away is when I would call the doctor with concerns. Braxton hicks contractions should go away or become very irregular if you try things like Latin down, having a lass of water, and taking a bath. Try to relax.

for me Braxton hicks would come and go, like one surge was 10 minutes apart, and the next was like 3 minutes, and then 5 minutes, and then 15 minutes and then 2 minutes and then 30 minutes...they were just all over the place. My real contractions were very spot on and regular- every 4 minutes and lasting 45 seconds etc.

if you are concerned its always better to be safe than sorry and call your doctor or get checked.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

It's BH/Prodromal Labor. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Quoting Pandapanda:

It's BH/Prodromal Labor. 

This is what I was thinking too.

CarolineVm.t.b
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM
What is prodomanal labor and how do I know if that's what is happening?

Quoting Pandapanda:

It's BH/Prodromal Labor. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)