Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

because of my big belly i can't ...

Posted by   + Show Post
Wash the dishes lol. I'm 33weeks and the sink hits my belly right under my belly button and it hurts. If I hunch over then I feel light headed but if I stand up straight and try to avoid the sink hitting my belly, my arms don't reach the water. If I stand sideways to rinse the dishes it gets uncomfortable :( so I end up letting the sink touch my belly for a bit then I sit down go on cafemom for 5 minutes and then get back to the dishes. It takes longer this way but its the only way that I can do it and not end up hurt.
What are somethings you are no longer able to do well because of your baby bump?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Replies (21-28):
angevil53
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Sex is uncomfortable for me. I'm 27w. Also bending hurts a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof2grls629
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Rolling out of bed, sitting up from a laying down position. Hugging my bf is hard because of my belly. Going up stairs is torture. My girls have been such a big help. The laundry room is downstairs and they will bring the laundry down there for me and then bring it back up when it's done. Picking stuff up off the floor is not easy either so my kids help with that.
AthenaGrace
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Seatbelts, getting out of bed, reaching into the washer, reaching into the tub...and dishes just get my belly wet because it presses right up against the sink so I just wear an apron or change afterwards lol. 

AthenaGrace
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Quoting sweetieiv:

I have lost my sex drive. My husband has been chasing me lately but I'm not interested. Lately this baby has been having a party in my belly and I feel like a punching bag. So maybe that has killed the mood for me. Plus I'm tired that we can't get all wild and creative you know since I can't move well enough with a balloon size belly.

Same here; I'm just not nearly as interested. And then if a time comes when I think I'm interested, all I have to do is look down and I'll get depressed about looking like a whale. Or if I can get past that, sex just turns out to be too uncomfortable and I lose interest half way through.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM

When I couldn't do dishes because of my bump, my DH did the dishes.

I was so lucky.

wedding countdown

BabiesAre2Sweet
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Lol a lot of the ones you ladies listed i cannot do. A big one for me is my one year old likes to throw things down and recently gets all whiny for me to pick it up. Most of the time i have to end up leaving that area and entertain her with something else. I also cant put some dishes away...the shelf is just too high with this belly :) good times
iman34
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok well after reading some of the things that was posted. I feel kind of crazy for saying this but because of my big belly i cant shave my you no what. Well lets just say i am afraid of cutting myself so i have my boyfriend to do it for me. Am i the only one lmao
KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM

picking up of the anything and everything that is everywhegup theeping up the dirt on the dustpan, wringing out the mop... basically everything that involves bending down is  a challenge right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured