Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

16 days until induction... I need to occupy myself

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 22 Replies
Yay!! My amniocentesis to check lung maturity has been scheduled for march 18th at 8am and if all goes well we will start my induction shortly after. I will be just over 37 weeks. I can't wait I'm so excited!!!! About 16 days and our little one will be here!! Now I just need to try to relax and get as much sleep as possible.... What are some fun things you ladies did in the final weeks of your pregnancy to make the time pass?
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyRJ
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Why so early?

Congrats & good luck tho!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I wish I had done more to relax at the end of my pregnancy. Things like naps, going on dates with the Husband, going out to dinner and to the movies, Just having me time. 

Good luck with your induction! Are you having complications? 

Yurixsi
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Make sure everything is ready for you and baby. Get some alone time. Go out with dh have fun.get some sleep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Eek, so early. Unless there are medical conditions that put you or your baby at risk, please consider that the ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) is now urging women and doctors to follow these new protocol

Best of luck to you!

MsNeene
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I wish I had done more to relax at the end of my pregnancy. Things like naps, going on dates with the Husband, going out to dinner and to the movies, Just having me time. 

Good luck with your induction! Are you having complications? 

Those sound like wonderful ideas!! I think a nice dinner out would probably do me some good I could use a good salad and steak :-)

I'm high risk so for me this is the ideal time for delivery. This will be my fourth induction all being between 36-37 weeks. My 2nd baby was induced at 37 and this one will be a few days over 37 so its the longest I've ever been pregnant. I'm really proud to make it this far.
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Well I like to get rid of worries and concerns, so checking things off my To-Do Lists helps me to feel good.   Plus outings and exercise.    Preparing for birth and postpartum are priories--    Are you ready?    Why do you want to induce?     Do you have a lot of help for during-after?

;-)

MsNeene
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Quoting Yurixsi:

Make sure everything is ready for you and baby. Get some alone time. Go out with dh have fun.get some sleep.

Great ideas! Baby's stuff is all ready ( I've packed and unpacked my bags like 3 times lol I know I'm driving DH crazy with taking everything out the bag and making him help me put it back in)

But some alone time sounds nice. I'm in desperate need of a pedicure I just hate the darn smell of the nail shop when I'm pregnant maybe I'll find one to go to early in the Morning before the smell gets bad and gets some pampering and get my little toes all pretty for labor lol
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM

No one needs to see your feet!
Besides that isn't really "alone" time, although it may be nice...   ;-)
It is realllly nice to pamper now since it becomes pretty challenging to do it later...   lol

Quoting MsNeene:

Quoting Yurixsi:

Great ideas! Baby's stuff is all ready ( I've packed and unpacked my bags like 3 times lol I know I'm driving DH crazy with taking everything out the bag and making him help me put it back in)

But some alone time sounds nice. I'm in desperate need of a pedicure I just hate the darn smell of the nail shop when I'm pregnant maybe I'll find one to go to early in the Morning before the smell gets bad and gets some pampering and get my little toes all pretty for labor lol

MsNeene
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Quoting Pandapanda:

Eek, so early. Unless there are medical conditions that put you or your baby at risk, please consider that the ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) is now urging women and doctors to follow these new protocol

Best of luck to you!

For some people it's early for me it's the ideal time for myself and baby to be delivered. I'm high risk and this will be my 4th induction (all of which have been successful with pitocin from 0-1cm dilated resulting in vaginally deliveries no csections) I'm under the care of some amazing OB's and MFM dr's and I trust them and im comfortable with them. If I can make it to 37 weeks and lungs are mature it is best to take baby out for me and my baby the benefits outweigh the risk. I have a history of IUGR, Placenta aburtion, and my first son was still born at 36 weeks so I'm well aware of the risk and benefits and guidelines. I wasn't posting for the guidelines or to be talked out of induction I was more so sharing my excitement and asking for fun things to do before baby comes and to see what other moms do in their final weeks to pass the time
MsNeene
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting doulala:

Well I like to get rid of worries and concerns, so checking things off my To-Do Lists helps me to feel good.   Plus outings and exercise.    Preparing for birth and postpartum are priories--    Are you ready?    Why do you want to induce?     Do you have a lot of help for during-after?

;-)

I haven't made a list since my baby shopping bag list so that's a good idea. I think I'll make a list of a few things that I want to make sure are done in the next few weeks. Everything for baby is all set up and ready for his arrival. I have my DH and my mom to help me through the induction and labor. And my mom brought my younger brother in town about a month ago to stay with her for 3 months to help out so he will be keeping my two little ones while we are at the hospital and for a few days once we come home (even though im sure ill be begging to have them back after a day lol ) and then as needed in the first few weeks. Plus my mom kind of makes her own schedule so she is always one phone call away :-)

We are inducing because that's whats best for our baby and in terms of my pregnancies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)