Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

ok two fays ago i measured 33 cm...

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 11 Replies
Now I'm measuring 36 cm... wth is going on ill be 30 weeks on Tuesday and I'm measuring so big idk what's going on. Everyone says oh its the baby's position or bloat or blah blah blah ... no 6cm is not due to that mamybe a couple cm but seriously 6cm??? something is definitely goin on here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Different things can affect this--    it's fundal height?

And is it the same person doing it?     In the same manner?

Is baby in same position?

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Doctor could have measured differently.
Baby could have shifted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbear1992
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:22 AM
I've been doing it since about 20 weeks (since I've been showing) and I always do it in the morning and baby has been in the same position for about a few weeks now (butt under right ribs legs under left ribs and head down) he's been that way since my 22.5 week ultrasound and Dr told me Monday 29 weeks he's in the same place just getting bigger. Now ill be 30 weeks and I'm now measuring 36 cm when two days ago I measured 33cm

Quoting doulala:

Different things can affect this--    it's fundal height?

And is it the same person doing it?     In the same manner?

Is baby in same position?

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Do you wonder about excess fluid?

kbear1992
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I have wondered about it but if I had excess wouldn't my tummy be a bit soft? My tummy is hard as a rock.. also when he kicks or moves a little I feel a sharp weird pain in my lady parts its a weird pain not sure what that is

Quoting doulala:

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Quoting kbear1992:

I have wondered about it but if I had excess wouldn't my tummy be a bit soft? My tummy is hard as a rock.. also when he kicks or moves a little I feel a sharp weird pain in my lady parts its a weird pain not sure what that is

Quoting doulala:

Maybe, might depend on where the pockets of fluid are.   

zebbyzebby06
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:37 AM
My baby measured 42 weeks so I was induced(lmp was putting baby at 42 also) she was born abd dr thought she was more 38 weeks.
mj.bullion
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:23 AM

I've been measuring ahead since 23 weeks. At 23wks I was measuring 32wks. No excess fluid, no gestational diabetes, baby was measuring right on target, maybe a *little* big according to what she should've been, but not that big. My DR just said it's something with the uterus having done this before and remembers. That's what's happening with me anyway. I'm 39wks today, but at my last appt at 38wks I was measuring 40-41wks. I've been measuring that for about a month now. 

bellaaax3
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:47 AM

you could just have a lot of water. that happened to me. i would stay the same size for a week and then right after a week, my belly would grow like 2 inches and one time i grew like 3 or 4 inches.  i was told my baby was going to be big on top of the fact that i had a lot of water. your doctor will tell you what's normal and not normal though

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Does your dr know about this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)