Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking for some advice

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 5:01 PM
  • 10 Replies
My husband and I have been trying with no luck for almost 3 years. We know that the reason for the bad luck is me, I have an ovulation problem in which I do not get regular periods and do not ovulate every month. My last period was back in Jan, we've been watching my body temps and using ovulation tests. We have reason to believe I may have ovulated about a week ago. Last week I noticed I had a small pinkish spot when I was in the bathroom. So far that is the only spot I have seen. I am not having any period like feelings. Could this be implantion bleeding? We are trying not to get our hopes up but I have this feeling that something is different. Is there anything you can tell me I haven't read already?
I'm still feeling like something's different but I'm not sure what. I took a home test on April 28th it was neg. but I'm thinking it was too early. I have noticed some changes in me: like I'm running to the bathroom every 2 or 3 hours, I feel sick almost all the time (never do get sick, but feel like I might), and my boobs are a little swollen, tinggly, and my nipples are a bit darker then they were even a few days ago. Could this be anything or am I just imanaging this? I'm looking for a little insight please let me know what you think??
Thank you
by on May. 4, 2007 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saleem
by on May. 4, 2007 at 5:13 PM
Hello my name is Aya but I'm under Saleem that happened to me I was the same way the test came back neg. even in the hospital  I find out that I was pregnant with a ultrasound  the baby was in the back  so I will recommend to get a ultrasound.
JaeJae
by on May. 4, 2007 at 5:14 PM
no real advice other than when you get pregnancy tests, get the digital ones. then there is no worrying about how dark the lines is or how long it took to appear. I really truly hope that you are. I'll keep you in my prayers. let us know!
palmyramom
by on May. 4, 2007 at 5:19 PM
don't want to dash your hopes but i think it's to early to tell. wait three weeks than take a test if you still feel the same.
Scotties
by on May. 4, 2007 at 5:21 PM
I would definately see a doctor  ..  that happened to me too, a couple of months when I was pregnant with my first child, I was spotting  ..  with my second  child they looked more like a period, but not as heavy as a regular one, so the due date I was given was two months off!!  ..  have you done a home pregnancy test?  ..  be careful what you do too, no heavy lifting, put your feet up when your sitting, especially for the first trimester  ..  keep us informed?! 
Sadie85
by on May. 4, 2007 at 5:21 PM
I would think it would be too early for swollen breasts, peeing every few hours, and the darker nipples.. but that's just from my experience. I didn't start having to pee every few hours until the baby started to press on my bladder. I had three kids... and that's how it happened every time. Is there any way you can take a test?? That would ease your mind!
urcrazyredhead
by on May. 8, 2007 at 8:50 AM
Well I took another home test over the weekend, it was neg. I'm starting to think that maybe I was seeing what I wanted to see. I have a doc. appointment later today,I'm sure we'll find out for sure there. It's just weird if no baby than what's wrong with me???
jenifuz
by on May. 8, 2007 at 9:40 AM
When I was pregnant with my first I had to pee all the time before I found out.  I hope everything went well with the dr!
urcrazyredhead
by on May. 10, 2007 at 1:06 PM
well i saw the doc on tues. everything went fine expect that they couldn't find my cervix. it was hidding way deep inside. i hope the pap comes back good. they ran a preg. test it was neg. they told me to test again at the end of the month and if it's still neg. i should start birth control. they gave me a few nuva rings. they said that if i use it for a few months it might jump start my system. so here goes nothing!!!!! we'll give it the summer and hopefully by fall i'll be regular again and then we can finally get pregnant.
mommacat
by on May. 10, 2007 at 3:51 PM
Have you ever tried using Natural Family Planning methods to track when you ovulate? I don't think doctors ever recommend them even though they are natural and not something artificial in your body. There are several sites where you can go and get more information, there's the couple to couple league at www.ccli.org and theirs the Creighton model at www.creightonmodel.com and then you can use Fertility Friend at www.fertilityfriend.com and do free online charting. Fertility friend is for trying to conceive the other 2 teach the method as a means of avoiding pregnancy and to achieve it. There is also a group here on Cafemom called NFP moms who use it and can give you some great advice to get started. I would definately try something natural before putting artificial hormones into my body. Good Luck!!
Jennteel
by on May. 10, 2007 at 4:00 PM
Tell your doctor you want and HCG test done.  That is your pregnancy hormone and will tell you if you are pregnant.  It is a simple blood test and takes about 40 mins to get the results.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)