Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone ever have a FACE UP baby?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 68 Replies
Anyone ever had a face up baby. Or sunny side up as they call it. How did it affect your labor & pushing? I'm only 36 weeks so I know I have PLENTY of time but I've been having regular contractions like 3-4 minute apart for like 6-8 hours then they will stop then the next day the same will happen (obviously its still early just giving an example) but my doctor said my body is stopping the labor on its own because he is face up so he's not putting enough pressure on my cervix to do anything. Is this true? And is there anything to get him to turn. I've been on spinning babies and it hasnt changed his position
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM

My DS was sunny side up. Somehow they found out while I was in labor (don't know how, they didn't ultrasound or anything). The nurse had me labor in a couple different positions. I didn't hear any more about it and I gave birth vaginally no problem... I don't really know a lot about it though bc no one acted like it was a big deal.

brittany208
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM

and p.s. i dont think your dr knows what he's talking about. you probably arent going into labor bc it isnt time yet. Lots of women have braxton hicks contractions at 36 weeks. very normal. is your dr pushing you for a C-section?

mjimaging
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM
DS was face up and he ended up being 11 days late. I started having contractions around 6 am. I was in labor all day. They broke my water and he arrived at 4 pm. They tried to turn him three times while pushing and finally used the vacuum to turn and pull. He was pretty swollen and bruised after labor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucky2785
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I was induced -38 hours labor and 3 hours to push. GET AN EXPIERENCED DOULA! A doula can help you do lunges to turn the baby around. My DD head was stuck so long she had this massive cone head she tore me bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:34 PM
My moms second was like that. She tore bad and said if he was her first she would have had her tubes tied then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD was sunny side up and it made for some really painful back labor. When I was fully dilated, the doctor was able to flip her over, so she was delivered in an anterior position. It left an abrasion on her head, but she was otherwise fine.

RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Oh no he's not I have severe high Bp and he was talking about inducing and I go every week for NST's and it shows up my contractions but only dilated to a 1 so he told me the cause was because he was face up. I rarely even feel them and think they are BH as well lol.

Quoting brittany208:

and p.s. i dont think your dr knows what he's talking about. you probably arent going into labor bc it isnt time yet. Lots of women have braxton hicks contractions at 36 weeks. very normal. is your dr pushing you for a C-section?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Was your labor long

Quoting mrsniebo:

My DD was sunny side up and it made for some really painful back labor. When I was fully dilated, the doctor was able to flip her over, so she was delivered in an anterior position. It left an abrasion on her head, but she was otherwise fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Whew bless your heart! WAs he your first?

Quoting mjimaging:

DS was face up and he ended up being 11 days late. I started having contractions around 6 am. I was in labor all day. They broke my water and he arrived at 4 pm. They tried to turn him three times while pushing and finally used the vacuum to turn and pull. He was pretty swollen and bruised after labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Not myself but I seen & helped with posterior laboring.     :- /
Hard sometimes, but do-able!
GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN