Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help me I need Diet Advice/Tips 8months 72kg

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:26 AM
  • 45 Replies

Had a pre-natal check up last saturday and my Ob said that I need to lose weight and need some diet. Less rice.. Uhm what foods will I eat so i can feel the heavy food on my tummy without eating rice??

..I was 52kg (114.4lbs) before i got pregnant and gained 72kg (158lbs) at  8months preggy. So I gained 20kg (44lbs) during pregnancy.

Gaining 20kg is still safe??

I'm scared about what they're telling me that if i gain more weight It will be hard for me to give birth. or there would b possible for me to be in a C section Thank you

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:28 AM
I've hear of limiting weight gain during pregnancy but never full on dieting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahawkins
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:31 AM
If your on is worried you can do a diabetic diet....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Protein!    :-)
Rice is starchy, carby, not really filling. lasting, nourishing.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM

How tall are you? That is not very over weight at all. Certainly not in a range where you would need to try to lose weight while pregnant. I would just try to eat slightly smaller amounts and stay active.

Zamae
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM

even if i gain 72 kg its okay?

Quoting lilmama8408:

Zamae
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Im 5'4. I'm just scared about what they're telling on me that if I didnt lose weight it will be hard for me to give birth 

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

How tall are you? That is not very over weight at all. Certainly not in a range where you would need to try to lose weight while pregnant. I would just try to eat slightly smaller amounts and stay active.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Making healthy choices and some exercise is important no matter what you weigh.   If you eat well then you will lose weight if you need to--     You can log your intake, monitor your diet, learn more about what healthy options are, and the excess will come off.

Quoting Zamae:

even if i gain 72 kg its okay?

Quoting lilmama8408:

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:41 AM

You gained that since early pregnancy?   How much does your doctor suggest you lose by delivery?

Quoting Zamae:

Im 5'4. I'm just scared about what they're telling on me that if I didnt lose weight it will be hard for me to give birth 

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Wow, you aren't overweight at all! It will not be hard for you to give birth if you are a little over weight. If I were you I think I would be looking into getting a different doctor. 

There is something to them saying they don't want you eating too much rice. Foods that are high in carbs and sugar just turn into fat. They don't really have any other benefit. But you just need to limit them. Cut the serving size down a bit that's all.

Quoting Zamae:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:44 AM

How much does she weigh?    (I missed it-)
She has gained quite a lot more than the usual amount it looks like, but that doesn't have to be problematic of course.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Wow, you aren't overweight at all! It will not be hard for you to give birth if you are a little over weight. If I were you I think I would be looking into getting a different doctor. 

There is something to them saying they don't want you eating too much rice. Foods that are high in carbs and sugar just turn into fat. They don't really have any other benefit. But you just need to limit them. Cut the serving size down a bit that's all.

Quoting Zamae:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN