Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh no :(

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 15 Replies
Last night we were at a friends house and they put some appetizers out. So I had a piece of salami with a cracker and cheese.... Not even thinking about what I had just ate. Then he was talking about his "homemade salami" and my heart just froze. When I wet home I read up on listeria and toxoplasmosis and now I'm freaking out. Should I go to my doctor or am I overreacting?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
november117
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I think you are probably ok. Most homemade things like that get smoked at a very high temp but if you are worried call your doc. :)
MrS.GiFFord
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I ate lunch meat throughout all of my pregnancies. I would not call my Dr unless I felt sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM

im sure you will be fine.

i ate lunch meats but thats for everyone to decide for themselves.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Have you ever known ANYONE to get toxoplasmosis? I've not. Never, not one person.

KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Lol i would of never even known about this sillyness if i didnt go on cafemom... this is my 3rd pregnancy and.my doctor never has even mentioned not eating lunch meat... btw between all my pregnancies ive seen a few obs and 3 dif midwifes
SMDufour
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Thanks ladies!  I have not known anyone to get either illnesses...just normal pregnancy stresses I guess :) 

heartagram_girl
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

You can call your doc if you are really worried, but I think every woman has that episode where she eats something without thinking- and most of the time nothing happens.

Just call in, dont go in. Tell them you are worried, and they can tell you what symptoms to look out for. But since you arent feeling sick or anything, you will be just fine. And so will baby.

CafeMom Tickers
kimmie3577
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM

i think you are ok i wouldnt worry to much about it. just wait until your next appt and ask your doctor about it

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:23 PM

You are fine. If you were going to get sick, you would have by now. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Exactly!

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Have you ever known ANYONE to get toxoplasmosis? I've not. Never, not one person.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured