Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is this safe?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi Ladies,

So I know caffeine and teas are supposed to be drank in moderation during pregnancy. I currently have really bad morning sickness and I'm 7 weeks pregnant. A friend recommended Oh My Chai tea from tastefully simple because it has honey, cinnamon and ginger, which are all supposed to help with nausea. This is a list of the other ingredients. Is this safe to drink while pregnant?

Ingredients: Sugar, nonfat milk, nondairy creamer (coconut oil, corn syrup solids, sodium caseinate, sodium citrate, mono- and diglycerides, salt, sodium aluminosilicate) tea powder blend (black tea, Darjeeling), honey granules (sucrose, honey) spice blend (cinnamon, clove, cardamom, anise, ginger) natural and artificial flavors, silicon dioxide (as an anti-caking agent) vegetable gums (carrageenan, guar gum) Bourbon vanilla extract from Madagascar

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Sondi7
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I don't know about that particular tea but I drink Tazo ginger and Tazo mint tea. They both are sugar free, fat free, caffeine free, salt free, chemical free. They also both help tremendously with my morning sickness. I would stick to something more natural than what you listed if it were me. Hope you find something that helps you. 

mommyofone123
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Where can I get Tazo teas?

Quoting Sondi7:

I don't know about that particular tea but I drink Tazo ginger and Tazo mint tea. They both are sugar free, fat free, caffeine free, salt free, chemical free. They also both help tremendously with my morning sickness. I would stick to something more natural than what you listed if it were me. Hope you find something that helps you. 

MommyRJ
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I have the ginger. And I agree

I've gotten mine at Walmart. I've seen it at a few grocery stores, by the coffee

Quoting mommyofone123:

Quoting Sondi7:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sondi7
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Walmart and Target is where I have found them.

Quoting mommyofone123:

Quoting Sondi7:

40sandPreg
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Publix has Tazo. Thats awesome tea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Strawberry2008
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I don't know about that tea, I buy peach/ginger tea and it really helps with the nausea...I like to make it strong and add either agave syrup or sugar and drink it with ice or drink it hot with honey.

alexislovesjr
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I dont think it will hurt to drink sometimes, of course always ask your dr

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Don't see why not. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN