Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What size to bring baby home in?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 57 Replies
I'm due March 30th and have 3 different coming home outfits picked out - 1 in newborn size, 1 in 0-3 months and 1 in 3 months. I have no idea how big or small he'll be, but I just wanted to see how big your babies were and what size clothing you brought them home in?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM

both my boys came home in newborn outfits

Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM
if I were you I would take all 3 just to be safe
rjmac88
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I always get 0-3months to be safe. All my kids have fit in newborn though
lillucky8
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
For dd i got 0-3mos. For ds i brought newborn and 0-3mos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabbymama
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:07 PM

My Baby was in preemie size even though she was full term! I would say take the newborn and 0-3 and you should be okay! :)

KAmomma1113
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd wore newborn and even some of those were big and she was full tetm. Just a petite girl and still is :)
Proudmommy0610
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I would say go by your last ultrasound or weight they give your for the baby how long they think he will be. My son was 22'' long and almost a 9 pounder so when I came to the hospital with a newborn outfit DH had to run to baby gap and request an outfit still in the plastic in size 3-6 mths because nothing else fit. I would say bring the 0-3 and 3-6 and decide from those newborn outfits usually are too small for long babies
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I would bring the newborn outfit, and a 0-3 month outfit to the hospital :) 

When we had our son, I thought I had a newborn outfit, but aparently I only had the 0-3 outfit in the bag... Luckily my older brother bought my son an adorable outfit the day he was born and that is what he wore :) 

PEEK05
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM

All three of mine were in newborn for a while.  My daughter will be three weeks old on Wednesday and still in newborn.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My son was in preemie for a while full-term.  He was only 18.5"!! Also under 6 pounds when we left the hospital.  Newborn was super baggy on him until he grew in length and in weight lol.

Quoting crabbymama:

My Baby was in preemie size even though she was full term! I would say take the newborn and 0-3 and you should be okay! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)