Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What size to bring baby home in?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm due March 30th and have 3 different coming home outfits picked out - 1 in newborn size, 1 in 0-3 months and 1 in 3 months. I have no idea how big or small he'll be, but I just wanted to see how big your babies were and what size clothing you brought them home in?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
beckyaj110
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM
DD came home in newborn although she was only in nb clothes for about 3 days. She was 8 lbs 6 oz 20 inches
mommylizTB2809
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM

My daughter came home in newborn cloths, but we have this in my family were my great great grandmother make a sweater and the baby comes home in it. me my mom and sister my brother all my aunties and uncles ect. But my daughter was to small for it. it was like a dress on her. its funny because she wasn't that small she 7 pounds 14 oz

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:42 PM
All of mine came home in newborn. It was a little big on the third (6.12) and barely fit the 4th (9 1)
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM

That is a good plan! My first was 9lbs 10.8oz and came home in a 3 month outfit. My second was 8lbs 6oz and came home in newborn clothes. 

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM

It's funny you posted this because a friend of mine kept telling me to bring a preemie size outfit and I kept insisting it would be way too small. Well, my son ended up being just over 7 lbs. and 20 inches long (born at 40+1). I brought three different sizes with me (same as you posted) and he wore newborn size home although it was a little too big! He even had to wear preemie diapers. Go figure. I'd say just bring newborn and 0-3 months. I think 3 months would more than likely be waaay too big.

MommyRJ
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM
My son was 9.5lbs and wore NB home. It didnt fit long but it fit for his first few days
& my daughter was 7bs and wore NB home and drowned in it lol
Armywife081011
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM

My second son weighed 8lbs 13oz and was in newborn for the first month. Second was7lbs 5oz and nb were loose on him but worked for a long time. If you want to be on the safe side id bring nb and 0-3 most likely nb will be fine

baby7810
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM

my dd was 7lbs 13oz and came home in a newborn outfit

.KFeatherable.
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I would bring all three, just in case. my NB is just about 4 weeks old and is still in NewBorn size outfits. 0-3 months is waaaayyy too baggy on him!

You never know how much he is actually going to weigh!

Ciaodarlings
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Thank you ladies for your input! Much appreciated. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)