Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What size to bring baby home in?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm due March 30th and have 3 different coming home outfits picked out - 1 in newborn size, 1 in 0-3 months and 1 in 3 months. I have no idea how big or small he'll be, but I just wanted to see how big your babies were and what size clothing you brought them home in?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Replies (31-40):
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Both of my kids went home in preemie outfits. They were 7 lbs . They swam in newborn untill they were a few weeks old.
wonderwomanT08
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Well I just had my lil guy in January. He was 10 lbs 11 oz! He only fit in 3 mo. Now he is 3-6 mo. We had to go buy clothes. We had all newborn clothing! (0-3 months) he was size one diapers in the hospital too!
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Lizzie wore newborn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Mine came home in premie. They were 5 lbs 8oz and 6 lbs 6oz. I think you will be fine with new born or 0-3
kiwilime
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Newborn has fit best for my girls but I did bring DD1 home in 0-3 months.

MrsRobinson06
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:28 AM
I knew I was having a big baby so I brought a 3 months outfit. She was 12lbs 5oz and it fit her perfectly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:46 AM
I brought 0-3. I thought it might be a bit big on my first but it fit just fine and for my second it fit for about a week before she went to 3-6. I've never used a newborn outfit, I make big babies and my little one couldn't even use newborn diapers so there was no way I was wasting my money on newborn clothes.
RhondaVeggie
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Same here. They put a newborn diaper on her at birth but the tabs just barely went around so she was changed in to a stage 1 as soon as we went to postpartum.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Well I just had my lil guy in January. He was 10 lbs 11 oz! He only fit in 3 mo. Now he is 3-6 mo. We had to go buy clothes. We had all newborn clothing! (0-3 months) he was size one diapers in the hospital too!

legobaby
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:58 AM
My kids were a little over 8 pounds and a little under and both wore newborn for at least 2-3 weeks. I will probably only buy newborn for this baby, but if you think you might have a really big baby, take the 0-3. I bought a 0-3 coming home outfit for my second because that was the smallest size they made in that brand that was supposed to fit newborns up to size 3, but it would have absolutely swallowed her.
amy31308
by Ashlee on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I have 6lb babies and brought them home in newborn.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)