Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many weight has a pregnant woman has to gain during pregnancy?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:34 AM
  • 6 Replies

How many weight will a pregnant woman has to gain from her normal weight when she's not pregant??

is it 20 to 25 kg:pounds ?

I am 52 kg (114.4 lbs) before i got pregnant then now 72kg (158.4lbs) at 8months

so I gained 20 kg or 4.4 lbs during pregnancy.. Still safe??

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tinka_pixie
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I think you meant 44, not 4.4, which is the same as 20kg.  Your doctor is probably just concearned because you're short. I'm really short too. I don't think you've gained to much yet. You're 8 months( I think), so you're almost there.Everyones body is different. some gain much more than you, and others gain less or none at all. each body is different.

schultzal
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:55 AM
I gained 22kg (51 to 73), and I am 5'3". I had some minor issues because of the weight gain, like nerve pain and sore feet, but a lot of pregnant women have those issues.

My daughter was 4.4kg at birth, and perfectly healthy. You may just be growing a big baby. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
your_angel
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:00 AM
I was heavy before pregnancy so I am not expected to gain much. Actually as of today I am still 20lbs under my pre pregnancy weight but with 10 weeks left I will probably gain it back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GCmom
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM

For your heigth & weight you're expected weight gain should be between 35-40 lbs.

I'm 6 months pregnant and have gained 16 lbs. But I still have a lot to go, so as long as I eat healthy foods (e.g fibers, protein, healthy fats) I should be ok. Good Luck!

123MomAmy
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM
You sound like you're in the right range for weight gain based on your pre-pregnancy weight :)
jasonadamvowell
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM
As long as the baby is growing you don't te HBO ally have gain any weight, I'm 31 weeks and am still down 8 lbs from my before pregnancy weight..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN