Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many weight has a pregnant woman has to gain during pregnancy?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:34 AM
  • 6 Replies

How many weight will a pregnant woman has to gain from her normal weight when she's not pregant??

is it 20 to 25 kg:pounds ?

I am 52 kg (114.4 lbs) before i got pregnant then now 72kg (158.4lbs) at 8months

so I gained 20 kg or 4.4 lbs during pregnancy.. Still safe??

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tinka_pixie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I think you meant 44, not 4.4, which is the same as 20kg.  Your doctor is probably just concearned because you're short. I'm really short too. I don't think you've gained to much yet. You're 8 months( I think), so you're almost there.Everyones body is different. some gain much more than you, and others gain less or none at all. each body is different.

schultzal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:55 AM
I gained 22kg (51 to 73), and I am 5'3". I had some minor issues because of the weight gain, like nerve pain and sore feet, but a lot of pregnant women have those issues.

My daughter was 4.4kg at birth, and perfectly healthy. You may just be growing a big baby. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
your_angel
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:00 AM
I was heavy before pregnancy so I am not expected to gain much. Actually as of today I am still 20lbs under my pre pregnancy weight but with 10 weeks left I will probably gain it back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GCmom
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM

For your heigth & weight you're expected weight gain should be between 35-40 lbs.

I'm 6 months pregnant and have gained 16 lbs. But I still have a lot to go, so as long as I eat healthy foods (e.g fibers, protein, healthy fats) I should be ok. Good Luck!

123MomAmy
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM
You sound like you're in the right range for weight gain based on your pre-pregnancy weight :)
jasonadamvowell
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM
As long as the baby is growing you don't te HBO ally have gain any weight, I'm 31 weeks and am still down 8 lbs from my before pregnancy weight..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured