Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

excederin or advil

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:14 AM
  • 43 Replies
My midwife told me to take excederin migraine for my migraines and see if that works before she will perscribe me imatrex again, but i only have Advil Migraine.... would that be OK to take or should i just stick to the excederin?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orangeshirt
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:27 AM
No Motrin/ibuprofen/advil
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Both the.midwifes in the office my midwife ive had for all 3 pregnancies and her associate told me to take ibuprofen since its.safer than my.migraine meds... my normal midwife said excederine migraine specifically.so im wondering if advil migraine would be the same

Quoting orangeshirt:

No Motrin/ibuprofen/advil

Duquesne
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Tylenol. No aspirin or ibuprofen.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/aspirin-during-pregnancy/AN01897
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Ok ONCE AGAIN. That is not what im asking. My MIDWIVES told me to take excederin migraine. It reduces inflammation tylenol.doesnt. tylenol doesnt budge my migraines. Ibuprofen is safer than migraine meds. So my question is if she said to take excederin.migraine.would advil.migraine be the same?

Quoting Duquesne:

zombiemommy7
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:04 AM
You can only take acetaminophen.
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Wtf wow. Can i get a simple amswer without wveryone acting like they are a doctor.
I obviously know your only supposed to take tylenol... did i ask anything about.that? No. I asked if excederin migrain wiuld be the same as advil migraine.

For the 4th time. Tylenil doesnt budge.my migraines. Ibuprofen is SAFER then my imatrex so my midwives told be to take it. Specifically excederin migraine. How different if advil migraine from excederin migraine?
Duquesne
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Ok once again, NEITHER is recommended or safe. And no. Excedrin is not the same as ibuprofen. You risk fetal and maternal bleeding, miscarriage, and heart defects with aspirin during pregnancy. Shame on your midwife for suggesting it. I have chronic migraines and survived without added risk to my unborn.

Quoting KristinCarr:

Ok ONCE AGAIN. That is not what im asking. My MIDWIVES told me to take excederin migraine. It reduces inflammation tylenol.doesnt. tylenol doesnt budge my migraines. Ibuprofen is safer than migraine meds. So my question is if she said to take excederin.migraine.would advil.migraine be the same?

Quoting Duquesne:

ARMYWife624
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Go with excedrin migraine. They work so incredibly well. I have migraines bad and frequently. I take excedrin. If your midwife told you a specific brand, stick to it. I wouldn't ask medical advice from us though because we aren't doctors. Lol

KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM
You obviously have no clue what your talking about. 1. Excederin is NOT asprin iy is ibuprofen. 2. She explained the risks in second trimester are a lot.lower and are something with narrowing of a vessel and lowamniotic fluid. 3. I have to take some medicine or my 3 and 4 year old wont get taken care of... if ibuprpfen is safer than my migrain meds then why would she have me keep taking my migraine meds when they have ahigher risk.

Quoting Duquesne:

Ok once again, NEITHER is recommended or safe. And no. Excedrin is not the same as ibuprofen. You risk fetal and maternal bleeding, miscarriage, and heart defects with aspirin during pregnancy. Shame on your midwife for suggesting it. I have chronic migraines and survived without added risk to my unborn.

Quoting KristinCarr:

Quoting Duquesne:

KAmomma1113
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM
If u have both bottles, compare the bottles and see. If not call your doc if u can or call a pharmacy and ask them. I dont know much about migraines sorry. Hope u get it figured out and feel better :)

Also your allowed ibuprofen till your 28 weeks pregnant. My ob/gyn gave me a whole info packet on do's and dont's.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)