Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 26 Replies

About two months ago I took a pee test at home and it came out positive. I took another one an hour after that and it came out negative. I went online and everywhere I looked it said "there are rarely ever false positives" so I called my doctor and went in. She had me take another pee test and it came out negative. After this I thought I was in the clear until four days later when i started to show a baby bump. So I called my doctor again and she had me come in. I covered myself up and went in and told her that I looked three or four months pregnant. She ordered for a blood test to be done, and that also came out negative. She told me that my stomach should go away soon, and that it was probably just bloated. A week and a half passed by and all I did was get bigger...both my stomach and my breasts. Then I called a different doctor and told her what was going on. She asked me to come in, and had me take a pee test which came out negative. She then she took a look at my stomach and sent me in for an ultrasound STAT. A few days later my doctor called me to tell me they had found a tiny cyst on my ovary, that it is nothing to worry about, and that she also noticed my kidney is swollen. I told her that my stomach had gotten significantly bigger since she last saw me, but she told me that it was probably from my late period. (My period is more than three weeks over due now... I started to have extremely irregular periods starting about 6 months ago, so my doctor put me on birth control to regulate it.) My breasts are swollen (not hard), my stomach is getting bigger everyday it seems, and after I eat it becomes rock solid and really uncomfortable. For a while I had to eat a cracker or piece of bread in the morning as soon as I woke up so my stomach wouldn't start to feel like it was eating itself, but now I can't sleep for more than 3 hours it seems without having to get up to pee and eat. Many times when I lie down, then get up I have dizzy spells. Feeling all over my body is SO sensitive I can barely stand it. My emotions are up and down all day long. However, the biggest concern at this point (since apparently I'm not pregnant) is my back. About 6 years ago I was hit by a motorcycle which triggered pain caused from spina bifida which I inherited from my mother. My back feels like it's going to collapse and fold out like a taco. I can't sit down for too long because my tail bone starts to hurt really badly. Ever since the accident I've had back problems and I kind of just accepted the fact that my back would be sore for the rest of my life, but this...it's just really painful. I feel exhausted almost all day long, except for when I have random sperts of energy when I can get housework done. Also, sometimes (seems like it happens a lot at night) I have really bad cramps. I feel squirms in my stomach. not kicks...but squirms.

I'm not ready to be pregnant. I'm not married. And even though my parents will take care of me if I AM pregnant, this is just not something I want for me right now. However, I absolutely adore children (I work as a nanny) and I would never do anything to harm a child, especially my own. I just need to know what is going on with my body... and my doctor's don't seem to want to figure it out. If anyone could help...maybe someone who knows a little about pregnancy cases in which the mother has spina bifida? I really don't know..at this point I'm just looking for some kind of advice, please.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM

well... you look pregnant. When you went if for the ultrasound how late would you have been?

gabejerry
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM

A little over a month.

Momonwheels82
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM

i'd call your doctor and ask again for an ultrasound. you could be pregnant or the  cyst could be getting bigger. i had a cyst one time that gave off false pregnancy hormones and i even looked like i was pregnant. i have spina bifida myself so if you need any questions answered shoot me a message and i'll answer them the best i can.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I'd be going back to the doctor or even the ER or something to have another sono done.

My BFF got nothing but negatives with her DD, even the blood test was negative.
The switched her BC 3 times before she went in complaining of serious tummy pain and her doctor did a sono. Seriously she was 6.5 months along and had no idea!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gabejerry
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Thank you so much! It's great to hear from someone who understands.. I will probably be messaging you soon with more questions. Thanks again!

gabejerry
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Wow, that's crazy.... I've been really hesitant about calling my doctor again, because I feel like I'm going crazy a little, but I guess that's what I'll have to do.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Go in and tell them you NEED an explanation. Go to your primary care physician if  the OB won't listen to you. 8)

Have you had unprotected sex?

Quoting gabejerry:

Wow, that's crazy.... I've been really hesitant about calling my doctor again, because I feel like I'm going crazy a little, but I guess that's what I'll have to do.

gabejerry
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Yes, I have.

KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Am i the only.one that sees how fake this is? Clearly the girl in the pic is pregnant... clearly she is not. It has every other.similarity with the fake.posts that have been going on ( the wording, how odd it is, how the person doesnt have a profile pic)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN