Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

1/2 Way There and.....

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I FINALLY hit 20 weeks as of yesterday! YAY! 1/2 way there.

So my DH decided to ask his grandma for name ideas. We are having our first boy. I want to use William to honor my dad. DH's grandam wants us to use Ulrich wich was her 1st husbands middle name or something like that. Now my husband is dead set on it. So what do you guys think?

William Ulrich

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Strawberry2008
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:35 AM

hmmm. It is unique, I haven't met/heard of anyone with name ulrich except on the movie "A Knights Tale" I think it is cool to have a name that means something to you guys. 

LiquidLuck
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I love it! I hit 20 weeks yesterday too =) Only mine is "already" instead of "finally" lol

stargaze281
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:55 AM
I think you should choose a different name. meaning, not naming him after another person in your family. give him his own name alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
40sandPreg
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I like it. Scandanavian I think. Much better than the 'popular' names these last few yrs.
amc103
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I love it! Its nice and strong! And classic! In 20 years it will still be a good name....its not a fad name, you know?

tinka_pixie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:12 AM

I love the sound of it!

I'm also thinking that was the name of the main character in "A Knights Tale" movie.

MommyRJ
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM
It's good.
We use family names, no matter how strange lol as middle names.
carinsmommy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Thanks! You must have enjoyed the first half of your pregnancy more than I have. LOL! This little guy is just now letting me eat food again. Not much but at least its food! Haha.

Quoting LiquidLuck:

I love it! I hit 20 weeks yesterday too =) Only mine is "already" instead of "finally" lol

carinsmommy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Now I'm going to have to see this movie. Until DH grandma spokeup I had never even heard the name Ulrich.

Quoting tinka_pixie:

I love the sound of it!

I'm also thinking that was the name of the main character in "A Knights Tale" movie.

LiquidLuck
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Bahaha...no. I had TERRIBLE morning sickness! I still haven't gained any weight. I just have a pregnancy problem that makes me annoyingly appreciative of pregnancy. Glad you're starting to feel better!

Quoting carinsmommy:

Thanks! You must have enjoyed the first half of your pregnancy more than I have. LOL! This little guy is just now letting me eat food again. Not much but at least its food! Haha.

Quoting LiquidLuck:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)