Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Should I call my docs, go to the er, or just not worry?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

Long story short my first u/s said I had one ovarian cyst on my right ovary. Went in about a month or so ago and they gave me another u/s and found a second cyst on the same ovary the same size as the first one. They said not to worry. So I didn't worry, till now. It has been getting worse over the last few days but I have been having pain on my right side right over my ovaries. If I have even a little pressure from my pants or hand (anything really) It hurts. The pain is about a 3-4 sometimes maybe a 5 but even with pj pants it hurts. I don't know if I should call my ob and make an appointment, go to the er, or just not worry. I am 17 weeks along as well and do not have another appointment till I am 22 weeks. Any idea what to do or if this is something to worry about?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

you can always call your doctor, that is what they are there for. My guess would be is that maybe baby is growing and so is your uterus and maybe putting pressure on the cysts, if that makes any sense.

Lovinbeinamom5
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM

BUMP!

Lovinbeinamom5
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Has anyone had this happen before?

Lovinbeinamom5
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Thank you. I am hoping that the cysts are not the ones growing though. Have you had this before?

Quoting Larsbug:

you can always call your doctor, that is what they are there for. My guess would be is that maybe baby is growing and so is your uterus and maybe putting pressure on the cysts, if that makes any sense.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I personally wouldn't worry about it. But I have cysts like that that hurt all the time. You should probably call your doctor just to be safe.

Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM

not personally, but had a friend with this similar problem...turned out to be baby and not the cysts. But I would call your doc just to be on the safe side. Better safe than sorry.

Quoting Lovinbeinamom5:

Thank you. I am hoping that the cysts are not the ones growing though. Have you had this before?

Quoting Larsbug:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

FarmMom383
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM

good advice. I agree with you completely.  and yes it makes perfect sense.  I would call my doc and see what they say or schedual an earlier apointment

Quoting Larsbug:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN