Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Trying chiro again

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

next week. If i can live that long. might just die form pain, bordom, and pride.  But i found a diffrent Chiro and she specializes in pregnant ladies.  and when i emailed her what he did he promised that therew ould be no "bouncing"  or twisting or torquing of my belly in anyway. So im going to try it.  we wont be getting in until next week though due to hers and our schedules not owrking out.  I hope i can deal with the pain utnil then.  the back pain i can handle. but the low pain and hip pain are way worse then monday and not letting up.  I do realise that it might take several adjustments. But yesterday after walking only an hour (i usually spend myd ays walking and dancing)  i was in tears, i acutally took  a tylonal (first time this pregnancy and probably only 10th time in life LOL)  i couldnt sit straight i couldnt stand straight.  and the numbness god thats just horrible.

So im looking forward to trying again but im down right scared this time. I dont want to make it worse.  And im not even sure she is the write chiro for me..but the "no twist" really caught me.  So ladies.  Send me your advice on how to make this better.  questions to ask her.  what to not do to help.  anything.  My MIL is taking it personaly that i dont like her Chiro and is kinda mad.  saying its normal to hurt more, for a few days, how he poped you is normal.  on and on.  she didnt out right say im being a baby but i could sence it.   And im not a baby!  but i hurt and i want the best care i can get. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Definitely try a new one!  Also, a B12 supplement can heal some of the nerve damage.  I've never hurt worse coming out of a chiro appointment.  I've had the adjustment take a few days to work, but I've never felt worse.

KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Im hoping this time it goes better. You shiuld ask if she uses the "drop table" technique . Instead of that hard bouncing they elevate rhe table around your pelvis area then push in a spot and thw table drops back dowm fast pushing yoir pelis and back, back in line. It feels like thwir doing nothing but it helps a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I think it is good to find a new chiro like you did.  There are such differences in different chiropractors.  Good luck!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Good luck! Hope all goes well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN