Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby Showers

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: if you have a child/ children and you are pregnant with that same gender, would you have a baby shower?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

If you have one or more children, and you are pregnant with the same gender, is it common to have a baby shower? I have always thought that you generally wouldn't have a second baby shower for a boy, if you already have a boy, for example. But I know of others, some who have kids, and some who don't, who think you can always have a baby shower no matter how many or what gender. What are your thoughts?

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xLilBit22
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:03 AM
I dont see why not. But wouldnt u have plenty left from previous baby of same gender.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tishx3
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Depends. My family personally doesn't do more than 1 baby shower. I threw my own for DD#1 and my office threw me 1 for DD#2. They're about 4 years apart so I didn't save alot of stuff but I did get good hand me downs (were a family of more girls than boys) this time around its about the same age gap as my girls so my mom is throwing me a welcome home baby shower (we don't know the gender) it usually depends on the person and those around you. With or without any type of shower my family and DHs family buy us gifts to celebrate our new bundle of joy
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:08 AM
I was raised in a family and "community" (family friends and extended family, basically everyone we know) where a secomd shower is totally innacceptable no matter what the gender. Now the ONLY time ive seen second showers is of the kids are far apart like 10 years or more ... or my sister had one when her second baby ended up being twins... and some family and friends didnt even come because her aon was Only two so they felt like she shouldnt be having a shower. Im having nother one this time even though mine are 3 and 4 because its a new dad and its his.first baby but my family told me they wont be attending
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:08 AM
I was raised in a family and "community" (family friends and extended family, basically everyone we know) where a secomd shower is totally innacceptable no matter what the gender. Now the ONLY time ive seen second showers is of the kids are far apart like 10 years or more ... or my sister had one when her second baby ended up being twins... and some family and friends didnt even come because her aon was Only two so they felt like she shouldnt be having a shower. Im having nother one this time even though mine are 3 and 4 because its a new dad and its his.first baby but my family told me they wont be attending
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:21 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm having a 'Sprinkle'. The invitation says 'big sister Kenlyn has plenty to share, this is just a sprinkle to show we care!' :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pacificamom
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Yes. My daughter's are 8 years apart and we had either lost (shed damaged in storm) most of her stuff or had given it away. I had given away my son's stuff too--I had the big stuff but not newborn size clothes

Leila0907
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM
I think it depends on age difference if they are less than 4 yrs apart I personally think it's a little rude.. But if they are many years apart who would save stuff for so long..
TracyBands
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Well this will be our 2nd boy and we still have LOADS of stuff and new stuff so we don't need to have a baby shower but we are having one anyway with close family and friends and the entry fee is a packet of nappies and that's it! We are celebrating our new baby, we did it for our first, how can we not for our second... Maybe the reasoning is a bit different now as we aren't 'collecting' but we're still celebrating the new baby nonetheless!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:17 AM
My girls are 2.5 years apart and both my showers were very small and each had different people. All clothes were off seasons and most of my baby gear i had handed back down to family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teracheri
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I agree with a lot of what you ladies have said! There are a lot of factors that would go into it I guess. Thanks for sharing! And I love the "sprinkle" Idea! That is super cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)