Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Everyone is telling me when to have the baby....

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 34 Replies

As if being pregnant isn't stressfull enough... dh was laid off for a month, which is fine, we are okay, but they told him to expect to go back middle of march..aka.. any time.  When he goes to work, he will be gone, usually 2 weeks at a time.  As soon as a three bdrm rental house opens up, we are moving, I already have 5 kids, and this march is just busy... this week my 1st grader has a play, on performance today, two tommorow.  Next week my oldest has all his yearly appts, and I have kindergarten screening for my soon to be 5 yr old.  So the next two weeks are crazy, but if dh leaves before the baby is born for his next job... it will be even more difficult.. I have help, but still it will be hard.  

Dh and mil are driving me crazy voicing their very strong opinions as to when she can be born.. not joking.. dh doesn't want her to come till after the 20th because he wants her to be an Aries.... I'm serious here.. this is not a joke, he is very admit that he does not want another pisces in our home that one is enough... really, i am not joking.  

I'm gsb +, but I have fast labors, very fast.  I live 30 min from the hospital, I've never gone past 39 weeks.  Mil keeps going off about how she just needs to stay in there till she comes out.. oh and that I dont' need antibiotics that they will hurt the baby... I want to go in at the 39 week mark, which would be the 15th, start the antibiotics, then pop my water and get it done... its what we did last time and it worked out great.  I shouldn't have to worry about accommodating everyone else's wants... I'm the one pregnant, I'm the one juggling everything else, I'm the one who has her pelvic bones grinding every time she walks, I'm the one up at night with contractions, I'm the one not sleeping for more then 30 min at a time, I'm the one who is going to give birth... You would think that after 5 kids they could learn to just stfu and be supportive... 

I'm about ready to break down and just sit on the floor and cry, or storm off and hide away till after the baby is here.  They seem to forget that I'm the one that is pregnant and I can't meet everyone's demands, I just cannot.  

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xLilBit22
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I am soo sorry your dh & mil wont leave it alone. Baby will be here when baby gets here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katie11908
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Wow im sorry i would ignore them hugs!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
daughteroftruth
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Quoting xLilBit22:

I am soo sorry your dh & mil wont leave it alone. Baby will be here when baby gets here.

Well thats the thing, me and the midwife want to plan everything for the 15th, get the antibiotics done, then pop my water. my 2,3,4 labors were about 4 hours long, it takes 4 hours for the antibiotics to run their course.  But I live 30 min away... so by the time I realize I am truly in labor, then call everyone, hand off the kids to my friend and head down to the hospital and start the iv... we probably will not have time for the antibiotics to be effective.. I understand that the risk is very very slim with gsb, but I would like to negate an risk of it passing.  So if we do it like we did my 5th birth, it would just make it so much easier on me, the baby and everyone else really.  just go in, start the antibiotics, pop my water and boom, 30-45 min later she should be here.  

Megan11587
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Tell your MIL to butt out, it's not her kid. Tell your DH to get a grip. He's seriously worried about which zodiac sign the baby is? SMH. You do what you need to do. Ignore them.
daughteroftruth
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Quoting katie11908:

I wish I could just flat out ignore them, but I need my mil to help with the kids, and I would not put it past her to throw a fit and not help because I'm not doing things the way she thinks they should be done... and I need dh to be supportive, not pissy because he is all freaking out about something that I cannot control.  Even if we didn't do everything planned out on the 15th, I just cannot see her staying in there till the 20th.. just not going to happen.  

katie11908
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Im sorry your in that position of feeling stuck and unsure of what to do :( I couldn't imagine! I hope all works out the way "YOU" want it to! I hope they come around soon. Good luck! :)

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting katie11908:

I wish I could just flat out ignore them, but I need my mil to help with the kids, and I would not put it past her to throw a fit and not help because I'm not doing things the way she thinks they should be done... and I need dh to be supportive, not pissy because he is all freaking out about something that I cannot control.  Even if we didn't do everything planned out on the 15th, I just cannot see her staying in there till the 20th.. just not going to happen.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
daughteroftruth
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Quoting Megan11587:

Tell your MIL to butt out, it's not her kid. Tell your DH to get a grip. He's seriously worried about which zodiac sign the baby is? SMH. You do what you need to do. Ignore them.

Yes, he is concerned about the zodiac sign... Now I kinda get it, each of our kids, and everyone we know fits their sign perfectly....and while our oldest is a pisces and is very emotional, and he has a hard time with that... dh and our youngest are best buddies and literally our youngest is dh's mini me... temperament, personality, likes, ect.. Zed is dh's little clone, and of course they are both aries... as silly as it is, I think dh is afraid that if this girl is a pisces he will have a harder time coping with her emotions then if she was an Aries.... because he has a very difficult time coping with our oldest emotions (he is one of those who just kinda vomits his emotions everywhere, dh is very... idk.. he can disconnect from his emotions easily, doesn't like to cry, doesn't cry often, and when he does its usually where no one else can see him cry)

I understand that he is worried about bonding and connecting with her, but he seems to forget how bonded he was to our oldest when he was born.  

Dee0886
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I would have exploded on them by now..you have a lot more self control than I do. I would have told them there's nothing you can do, that baby will get there when it gets there and they are causing nothing but stress and seriously need to shut up about it. 

If that sounds to harsh you can always start it with an "I love you guys, but....."

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:19 AM

HERE is info on GBS. Antibiotics are not the only solution. I am not trying to be pushy. Goodness knows you have enough of that! I was just hoping to give you info about GBS, for treating it now, so you don't have to worry about it during the birth. *hug* I am so sorry you are having such issues with those two! 

beckyaj110
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Hugs! Id have gone into a hormonal fit of rage by now if I were you about how baby will come when she wants not a moment soober or later. You have a lot more self control then I do. I hope they both back off soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)