Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby has not dropped...

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am 39 weeks 1 day. I know that baby might not be "ready" for up to 3 more weeks even. I am dilated to 2cm but the baby is really high. I am being induced on Monday due to high blood pressure. My Dr. doesn't want to go any sooner b/c the baby is still high. 

Does any one have any experience with babies that haven't dropped and labor / inductions?

I know that inductions should be avoided and they increase the risk of a c section. I have been induced before and I have read a lot about it too. There is a medical need for it and it is happening.

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM

My dd was at -4 station while I was in labor with her. :)

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

As far as induction with a high baby, you run the risk of a cord prolapse, which would result in immidiate cesarean. If you MUST be induced, absolutely do NOT let them break your water under any circumstance. 

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Some babies don't drop until they are ready to be born, for some that isn't until labor actually begins! Good Luck Hun

amy31308
by Ashlee on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I would do a lot of walking and sitting on a birthing ball. Good luck. I had to be induced last pregnancy for PIH. It's hard to understand unless you're in the situation!

kiwilime
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:14 PM

With DD3 she was at a -2 station and I was complete.  I pushed the ;longest with her since she was still high.

Cynthje
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Well my babies never dropped before hard labor but i would not allow them to break your water! its asking for trouble when the baby is not engaged. Please if you feel llike you have to be induced educate yourself and go the mildest route

whitneymf
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:02 PM
My son didn't drop and I was induced at 41+1 and labored only 11 hours and pushed 29 minutes. He was my first baby too so that's pretty good for a first. Once you start contracting the baby will be pushed lower into the birth canal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Good luck with your induction! My DD stayed fairly high until I was induced due to low fluids at 41 weeks, but once things got going, it only took 9 hours (3 of which were pushing) for her to be born.

kelly617
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Don't stress

The day I went into labor my son was still sitting up in my chest..some babies just DON'T drop until labor is already going

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Lots don't drop till labor. My first didn't till I was in labor. I never noticed it. But my midwife did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)