Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

37 and pregnant again

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi moms, I'm looking for insight, feedback, help,anything from women who can relate. I'm 37 and pregnant with my 3rd child. The doctors tell you all this scary stuff! I have faith and am hopeful. What do you all think. Have you been there, how did you cope?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
almondpigeon
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I had my 5th baby 2 months before I turned 37. It was actually my easiest pregnancy. He was smaller than the other babies, but otherwise, he was perfectly healthy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zombiemommy7
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Just keep up with all your dr. appts and blood test ect. And sure everything will be fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM

If you really study up on it all. The numbers really don't go up that much at all. I hate when Dr's do this. Why scare a women so much.

I had my third at 36 and it was the best pregnancy. The end was the hardest but I had the best midwife and she never made me feel like I was an older mother. We would love to have more children in the near future.

Education and the right care provider for you is key.

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm 39 and pregnant with my 3rd.  I wouldn't continue to see a doctor that was all gloom and doom.  I had a preconception appointment and my np told me to conceive before 41.  Odds are very much in our favor that everything will be just fine :)

candy37
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Thank you for all the support and encouragement. I really appreciate it. I want this to be a wonderful pregnancy regardless of what they tell you about age.

lolly611
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Im 41 due in May with my 3rd my oldest is 18 and my other is 14. It is a different kinda a pregnancy sinceI am older but I have been told again and again sense I found out I was expecting a baby in my life when all my friends are having grandchildren it is very common. Well if you think about it a lot of women have a career and travel before they start a family. Just try to take care of yourself as much as you can and yes you will need to go threw a little bit of a different approach to care but that is a good thing.There is young mothers that have just as many problems if not more than you will.Just do like I do and just try to enjoy every part of your pregnancy because for me anyway this will be my last.

candy37
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Thank you lolli611. I do want to enjoy this pregnancy. I feel like I'm holding my breath while waiting for appointments and tests. Were you tired all the time and needed to eat more often?

Rachelxbby
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM

my mom just had anyther baby at this august and she's 39! My litle sister is 15 and I'm 22 we never expected out mom to have anyther one..  but she did great

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I think 30 is the new 20 as far as pregnancy. I know so many moms who are having babies in their late 30's and early 40's. I'm sure you will be fine. Just take care of yourself and get the rest you need. Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)