Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im worried about my unborn child

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM
  • 11 Replies
I haven't felt any kicks/movement in 2 days. I'm not bleeding cramping etc. I'm 15 weeks and this is my second pregnancy. Some might think I'm crazy but yes I used to feel my baby move around. Idk if I had a change in my diet to where baby responded to sugar or what. Mabe I'm just to active to feel baby move down there idk. I'm a sahm. Is everything more than likely ok and I'm just freaking out about or should I be worried? My next doc appt is on March 26th.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emilytrademark
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM

It's way too early to be relying on fetal movement to know how things are going in there.. I would try not to worry! At that stage, there may be some days you feel the baby and then you could go days without, I read that is perfectly normal. I was able to feel this baby (third pregnancy) at 8 weeks, so I know that it's possible to feel that early but it won't be consistent until later on.

BabyFruit Ticker
nikkifam5
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Too early for kick counts
ILoveMyFam
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM

15 weeks is early, it's likely that the baby changed positions and it's kicks aren't as easily felt.  For peace of mind there's nothing wrong with calling the doc and getting checked out.  I actually purchased a fetal heart doppler with my most recent pregnancy because after 2 pregnancy losses I was a worried mess!  GL!

meg4763
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I would definitely not worry at this point.  With my first son I didn't feel movement until arount 17-18 weeks. I am 15 weeks 5 days now and just three days ago we finally felt this baby moving around.  I haven't felt it again since then, but I am not worried.  I did, however, have a heating pad under my lower back, so that may have been why the baby was moving around at that time. 

true-love-21
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Thanks so much :-) I feel a lot better now!!!
Devious103102
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM

At this point in timeit's "normal" not to feel the baby for a bit since it is still very early, BUT, you can always call your doc if you're super worried. 

Pandapanda
by Amber on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

It's too early to be worrying about kicks. If you're really concerned, call your doctor/midwife, though. 

peacefulmomy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Hugs.

Racheldp20
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM

The baby probably just changed position or something - it's really too early to be expecting it regularly even if you felt it regularly before. I know it's hard not to worry, but just breathe, everything will be fine

kimmie3577
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM

its too soon, you will feel flutters but actually kicking wont start until later, im 22 weeks and just started feeling them.. at 15 weeks baby is still too small.. but no worries you will fill them soon enough

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)