Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2-10 min apart....3rd update!!! whoot

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

Update 3 No baby yet, I'm super exhausted, but... I couldn't pee today, midwife had me come in to see if it was an infection or just to much pressure down there... well no infection, and the reason I'm having a hard time peeing is because her head is at a zero station!  and I'm 5 cm.. so getting there. I've been ordered to take some tylenol pm and sleep.  Midwife thinks I'm to exhausted to go into labor and wants to see if a good long nap will kick us into gear.

Monday... well it is just barely monday morning, but since insomnia has set in, as well as nesting, but I'm in to much pain to move, I figured I would update no to help distract me while I clock some contractions.  So far about same 10 min apart.. 1-1.5 min in length.  Sill have some bloody show.  I'm so tiered, but not at the same time.  Sucks.  I've been reading stories of other woman's accounts of Prodromal labor... I thought it would encourage me... lol.. not so much.  We've been at this since thursday... so at this point, I'm just to worn out to feel much encouragement.  Everyone is excited though, so that is good.  i spent the day cooking, a little cleaning, and took the kids for a bike ride... well, okay I didn't ride a bike, I waddled behind at respectable pace...

Saturday the 9th...

Well contractions are holding at 10 min apart, at abut 1 min 40 seconds each, still bloodyshow.. but no baby.  I was at this stage with my last son for almost 3 weeks... but with no bloody show.. so hopefully the bloody show is an indicator that I won't suffer for to long.  I did manage to get a little bit of broken sleep, but that is better then none. She is still moving, but has slowed down drastically so hopefully when I take the kids on a nice walk today she will settle down a bit more and let her head engage... she has been very opposed to that so far.. but in all fairness she was nice and happy breech till we had an OB turn her, and she has been trying to turn back, but less movement from her is less of a fight for both of us.  I am still nauseated, but I'm going to force some food in me... worst I can do is throw it up right? 

]Well, here is a good update, still lots of painful contractions, seems regular, but I've been to busy to time them, I'm about ready to start.. at my drs apt at 3 I was 4 cm and 80% effaced!!  so at least something is coming of all this!  I also have a bit of bloody show.. so yeah!  I'm going to time them for a little bit, and if they are about 5-10 apart I will try to get some sleep.   

my contractions have been 2-10 min apart since yesterday... everyone was all "is the baby coming yet?".. idk.. I did this for three weeks with my youngest... so who knows, maybe today, maybe tomorrow..maybe a week... *sigh*  this is going to be a long week, and I am sooo exhausted already!

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Hugs! I know how that is.. my second labor was like that for 19 hours before things got moving. Unfortunately, sometimes prodromal labor likes to tug at our heartstrings at the end of pregnancy. :( Hang in there! Eat something you love and try to rest a little bit. 

peacefulmomy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Hope things get regular and moving soon!

louzannalady
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Are they stalking you on Facebook? This is a great status to leave up or put every time someone stalks... : ) 

http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I'm sorry. Prodromal labor sucks! Do what you can to get comfortable. Lots of baths and back rubs. Hang in there!

daughteroftruth
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM

bump

Pandapanda
by Amber on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Whee! I think you'll have baby on Sunday. Make sure you rest and EAT so you have energy! 

daughteroftruth
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Quoting Pandapanda:

Whee! I think you'll have baby on Sunday. Make sure you rest and EAT so you have energy! 

Well they are about 10 min apart, and 1min 30 seconds long... so I'm going to try and rest.. but I'm too nauseated to eat. 

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! and hopefully baby comes soon for you.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM

When you can stomach something, eat. Until then just hydrate and keep your eye on the prize. :) Big hugs to you! I'm looking forward to more updates. 

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting Pandapanda:

Well they are about 10 min apart, and 1min 30 seconds long... so I'm going to try and rest.. but I'm too nauseated to eat. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
VintageWife
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)