Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Appointment update and question...PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 2 Replies

So I had my 37 week appointment and non-stress test yesterday.  The non-stress test went well, and I'm having contractions every 1-7 minutes.  Nothing regular, and not all of them are intense thankfully.

When I went in to be checked I am 25% effaced and not really dilating.  I asked her again about VBAC.  She said that she's willing to let me try, but that it's not looking promising. :(

I burst into tears when she said that.  I'm not the person who cries in front of people.  She said that she was thinking about inducing me next week (I'll be 38.5 weeks by my appointment, 39 weeks on the day she's thinking about inducing).  Then she told me that since my GD was being so well controlled by diet, and the baby didn't seem abnormally big that she would give me to 40 weeks (as long as things stayed looking good) to try to give my body a chance to do its own thing.

I am just praying that my cervix starts dilating quickly.  Tried to induce labor by doing the baby making dance last night, and then took a 2 mile walk before work this morning.  Anyone have any other suggestions?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

If a doctor says they're willing to let you try a vbac, but gives you a time limit, it means they aren't planning on you having a VBAC at all. Sad but true. 

You do not HAVE to be induced. And honestly.. you're better off with a repeat cesarean than an induced vbac, imo. Induction for a vbac is so incredibly risky. No matter what, you don't have to show up for a c-section OR induction if your baby is looking healthy on NST and ultrasound. There's no danger to going over 40 weeks, it's not an expiration date. 

taurusmom88
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM
This

Quoting Pandapanda:

If a doctor says they're willing to let you try a vbac, but gives you a time limit, it means they aren't planning on you having a VBAC at all. Sad but true. 

You do not HAVE to be induced. And honestly.. you're better off with a repeat cesarean than an induced vbac, imo. Induction for a vbac is so incredibly risky. No matter what, you don't have to show up for a c-section OR induction if your baby is looking healthy on NST and ultrasound. There's no danger to going over 40 weeks, it's not an expiration date. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)